Clive Bunker

Tullander

clivebunker.jpg

Hey guys, if anyone would like to ask Clive a question, we're doing a Q&A session with Jethro Tull's original drummer!

Clive was the drummer on songs like Aqualung, Teacher, Nothing's Easy, and Locomotive Breath. Also notable is his great drum solo back in 1968 on a song called Dharma for One.

Please feel free to drop by.

Thanks
Paul

http://thejethrotullboard.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=questions&action=display&thread=303

Re: Clive Bunker of Jethro Tull

Love Clive's playing.

People rave about Barriemore and fair enough, but I see he and Clive as pretty similar drummers. Solid, thumps toms, organic and dextrous. I'm sure if Barrimore played on Aqualung or Clive played on Thick As A Brick the results would still be great.

Clive Bunker's drumming style, has had an strong impact in Jethro Tull and several drummers. A bit of John Bonham and Carmine Appice beats, on his playing.

clivebunker.jpg

Also notable is his great drum solo back in 1968 on a song called Dharma for One.

Ahh thats where Clive gets his oats!. Such a fantastic drummer. I absolutely loved thier first few albums. They lost me at thick as a brick. First album is a masterpiece. Jethro Tull Blues Band!

Clive Bunker was pretty dope with Tull, I also enjoyed his playing with Steve Hillage in the late '70s: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24NQR8gRqXY

Wow. I didn't realise that Clive B had played with Steve H. Clive seems to be taking a similar role to Joe Blocker in SH's band on the clip. Pity it cuts off in Hurdy Gurdy Glissando. That would be a blast live.

Loved Clive in Living In The Past: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCyC1dZiN8

Er, I'm pretty sure Barriemore Barlow was on Living in the Past ...Wasn't Clive Bunker's last album Aqualung?

Loved his stuff--gotta give Ian Anderson credit, some of the best drummers ever have gigged in his band over the years.

My favorite Tull album would most definatly be Stand Up; every song is pure genius and for me is quite obsessive! Just listen to Mr. Clive Bunker lay back that groove on Bouree (with Glen Cornick on bass), or for more of that blues A New Day Yesterday, not to mention Jeffrey Goes to Leicester Square. I just can not get enough of it! Clive Bunker the tremendous drummer that he is has had a very huge influence on my that passion of mine... sweet sweet drums and the way they love to resonate... Clive Bunker is the man!

Er, I'm pretty sure Barriemore Barlow was on Living in the Past ...Wasn't Clive Bunker's last album Aqualung?

Loved his stuff--gotta give Ian Anderson credit, some of the best drummers ever have gigged in his band over the years.

Ha! This is what I mean by they're pretty similar drummers. Living in the Past was recorded in the Stand Up Sessions in 1969 and Aqualung was 1971. But, Heretic, I had to double-check after you said that. It wasn't like "Oh no, you can clearly tell that was Clive or Barrie".

Rhino, I think Stand Up was my favourite Tull period too.

Back