My Unix Bubinga Stave Kit - Chocolate Thunda!

I´ve got my suger white Rockstars... I bet your drums are going to be a bit more classy though.

Attachments

• buiten jam 009 (Large).jpg
    buiten jam 009 (Large).jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 650
Oooooh I'm not entirely sure yet. I'm not going to order immediately. I'll give it a while to think about exactly what I want in wood-type, sizes, number of drums, etc.

I definitely want an ivory/antique white...nothing looks better w/ chrome over it.

You know Pearl also make Ivoiry finish... :)

Are you advising him to buy Pearl instead of Unix???? :)

Well Frank is an honest guy and will make a kit for someone only if he deserve an Unix kit...

I mean, I've saw post where Frank said clearly an Unix kit wasn't exactly what the guy needed and should look for something else. How can you be more honest than this, it's not that Frank doesn't want to build the kit, it's just that Frank want their customer the most satisfied they can be.

Well Frank is an honest guy and will make a kit for someone only if he deserve an Unix kit...

I mean, I've saw post where Frank said clearly an Unix kit wasn't exactly what the guy needed and should look for something else. How can you be more honest than this, it's not that Frank doesn't want to build the kit, it's just that Frank want their customer the most satisfied they can be.

Yep, that's pretty much his philosophy, as I understand it. I'm very, very satisfied w/ the bubinga snare. It's a masterpiece. It is by far the finest wood snare I've heard, yet. It makes the Craviotto steambent snare I had seem weak and pitiful - seriously.

The bubinga kit was just not what I wanted...there was no way for me to know this in advance so I had to take a leap of faith. It was not entirely what I expected. Someone else will be very happy with it. It ships out today and is on its way to the next caring owner.

Hey!!!!! Wasn't this Darryl Dawkins' handle? Sixers..? This as been nagging me for ever since this thread has been up..!!! dang!

Hey!!!!! Wasn't this Darryl Dawkins' handle? Sixers..? This as been nagging me for ever since this thread has been up..!!! dang!

Hmm...not sure? The last time I heard "chocolate thunda" was on the Cat in the Hat movie w/ Mike Myers. It's Thing Two's nickname. ;)

After looking at your pics and listening to your sound clips, all I can say is: Damn you for making my perfectly good kit seem inadequate. Your kit looks great, but more importantly, it sounds incredible. Oh, and to add to that: I think the strongest selling point for me, besides the sound, is the ease of tuning. It seems like I spend way too much time getting my drums to sound just right. Now if only I had the scratch to get me a unix kit...

Last edited:
After looking at your pics and listening to your sound clips, all I can say is: Damn you for making my perfectly good kit seem inadequate. Your kit looks great, but more importantly, it sounds incredible. Oh, and to add to that: I think the strongest selling point for me, besides the sound, is the ease of tuning. It seems like I spend way too much time getting my drums to sound just right. Now if only I had the scratch to get me a unix kit...

That comes off as a bit of a flame? I wasn't trying to make anything seem inadequate at all. I'm not trying to sell *or* detract anyone on Unix drums, that's not my job nor my intention. Don't make any assumptions about a situation you know very few details about, either.

Don't want to seem overly sensitive here - but the last thing I want is a negative tone to take over here. It's absolutely unnecessary.

That comes off as a bit of a flame? I wasn't trying to make anything seem inadequate at all. I'm not trying to sell *or* detract anyone on Unix drums, that's not my job nor my intention. Don't make any assumptions about a situation you know very few details about, either.

Don't want to seem overly sensitive here - but the last thing I want is a negative tone to take over here. It's absolutely unnecessary.

He was complimenting the sound and finish quality of the Unix drums, not flaming. He was saying the sound of those drums was so fantastic, it made his good kit seem pale in comparison. Like the Unix drums had achieved a level beyond "Great sound."

That's how I interpreted his post. Your mileage may vary. ;)

EDIT: You guys are speedy. 2 replies while I was figuring out how to say that.

Last edited:
HOLD ON JUST A MINUTE.

I was looking on Unix's website...

Can I really get a 5x14 Bubinga snare drum for less than $200?

No way. I refuse to believe it. For such high-quality drums, that's a RIDICULOUSLY good price.

Or wait...is that only for the shell? Would it cost more to get lugs and hoops?

HOLD ON JUST A MINUTE.

I was looking on Unix's website...

Can I really get a 5x14 Bubinga snare drum for less than $200?

No way. I refuse to believe it. For such high-quality drums, that's a RIDICULOUSLY good price.

Or wait...is that only for the shell? Would it cost more to get lugs and hoops?

Likely just for the shell. He may also have discounted stuff that doesn't meet perfection standards.

HA! I'm not losing my mind:

View attachment 26541

Just reminded me of this:

Space%20Jam.jpg

hehe, 805 seems to go for high end gear these days, great to see that :).

@ Zambizzi:

thnx about the beard :)

and not to show of my kit in your thread, but you asked for it...

it's only a simple Tama Rockstar, but it's my first kit and I like it very much. I try to tread her with all the respect. (The photo's were taken in our 'rehearsel room', a showroom for kitchens that we can use because a bandmember works there.)

Attachments

• AM 005 (Large).jpg
    AM 005 (Large).jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 425
  • AM 009 (Large).jpg
    AM 009 (Large).jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 419
Back