Beater that gives loudest and biggest sound?

cdrums21

Gold Member
Hey guys/gals,
I currently play and have played the hard plastic side of a DW pedal beater forever. I've been quite happy with it but I was just curious to know if anyone knows of another beater head that would deliver more volume and sound. Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Attack is perceived as volume, so you may want to add a hard beater pad to the head. A homemade version could be a $1 or 50¢ coin gaff-taped right where the beater hits, or a piece of wood just thick enough to not break from the beater. Either will acentuate the click, and let the kick cut through almost anything.

Bermuda

Attack is perceived as volume, so you may want to add a hard beater pad to the head. A homemade version could be a $1 or 50¢ coin gaff-taped right where the beater hits, or a piece of wood just thick enough to not break from the beater. Either will acentuate the click, and let the kick cut through almost anything.

Bermuda

Already use a falams patch. I think what I have is just fine after doing more research. It always sounds great. This is just another case of realizing what I already have is perfect, just didn't realize it soon enough to abort this post. Thanks...over and out.

There's the option to use wood beaters, there's some pretty heavy one on the market and will have huge attack and a big sound (more than plastic beaters), depends on the tuning and the depth of the bass drum too.

You can also add weight to the beater for a louder impact on the batter head.

Hope this helps.

I'm using a mapex falcon pedal. It comes with a dual plastic/felt beater. It has removable weights. No weight, 10g and 20g weights. The 20g and plastic is a huge sound compared to the dw double sided I found. Mind you it's heavy and you notice it after
A extended period of time. Big and loud

Most wood beaters aren't as heavy as some felt ones. Wood beaters are actually pretty lite.

The right amount of weight will give the loudest sound, any material. Contact area plays a role, but if there's not enough weight behind it, a heavier beater with a smaller contact area will be louder.

gibraltar-wood-beater.jpg

that gibraltar wood beater is pretty good.

try moving your beater angle back, so that you have more room to kick your beater into the bass drum ;)

I had good luck on my iron cobra with using the Drum Slug beaters, theyre actually quite a nice product. On my DW pedal i like the heaviness of the stock DW beater and use the plastic side.

Hey guys/gals,
I currently play and have played the hard plastic side of a DW pedal beater forever. I've been quite happy with it but I was just curious to know if anyone knows of another beater head that would deliver more volume and sound. Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Tell your band members that you would like to make your bass drum louder. They might have some thoughts on that - probably involving turning themselves up more.

Back