Patrice

Hmmm... hard one....
Jim Morrison- The Doors
Bon Scott- AC/DC
Robert Daltrey- The Who
Chino Moreno- Deftones
Lajon Witherspoon- Sevendust
Matt Tuck- Bullet For My Valentine

Both are oustanding singers. Geoff Tate caught that unsual operatic singing style from Rob Halford / Judas Priest.

yep. I think for that period they are both extreme stand outs. Ive never been a fan of Halford, but I can definately see the similarity in styles between himself and Tate.

Steve Walsh from Kansas had the greatest voice I've ever heard in his heyday. Nobody even comes close.

There is a local cover band here in Memphis called 5th Kind. They do covers of old Kansas, Boston, etc. Look em up on youtube. They are spot on and the lead singer / bassist just kicks serious butt.

Steve Walsh from Kansas had the greatest voice I've ever heard in his heyday. Nobody even comes close.

True 100%. I'm a proud Kansas / Steve Walsh fan since the 1970s. I saw him twice live last year. Even met him after a show. Nicest person in the world. Is 60 (!) but still looks great. Voice, understandably, is nowhere near it's heyday of 30 years ago but he still tries and makes a valiant effort. To wit: the lyric of Point of Know Return "..your brothers, they echo you words...". That's an insane vocal there.

Anyway, Kansas forever. p.s. Drummer Phil Ehart still is awesome and gets better every year..

Paul Rodgers
Bob Seger
Ian Gillan
Ronnie James Dio
Ronnie Hammond (Atlanta Rhythm Section)
James Dewar (Robin Trower)
Brian Setzer
David Coverdale
Allison Moorer
Jack Bruce
Rob Halford

I'm probably going to get crucified for one of the names I'm putting on here, but you just can't deny his incredible range...or was it because of his tight leather pants? You tell me!

Steve Perry - Journey
Geoff Tate - Queensryche
Myles Kennedy - Alter Bridge
Bruce Dickinson - Iron Maiden
James LaBrie - Dream Theater
Miljenko Matijevic - Steelheart
David Coverdale - Whitesnake
Robert Plant - Led Zeppelin

Just a few:
Jeff Buckley
Brian McKnight
Vitas
Maynard James Keenan- Tool, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer
Josh Groban
Jonny Craig- Emarosa, Dance Gavin Dance, Solo
Adam Lambert
Mariah Carey
Brad Delp- Boston
Glenn Hughes- Black Country Communion, Deep Purple
Freddi Curci- Sheriff
Mikael Akerfeldt- Opeth
Regine Velasquez

So many I love but the winner is:

Eva Cassidy

Love Eva Cassidy. Died way too young.

But, nobody has mentioned:

Frank Sinatra
Ella Fitzgerald
Tony Bennett
Bobby Darren
Michael Bublee

Can you tell my genre'? There are "tons" more.

Tom Jones - The Tiger of Wales, Donna Summer, Bonnie Tyler, Ali Primera...and Monserrat Caballé with Freddy Mercurie, Barcerlona!

Last edited:
Back