DW 9000s?

Hi,

I'm using Trick Bigfoot on my bass drum. I'm thinking of adding a few other pedals...I don't know...on a cowbell, a snare, maybe even a smaller bass drum with a remote pedal.

Now, I love Trick pedals. I got a good deal on mine. But they still cost a lot.

It'd be waaaay too costly to buy another two or three Trick pedals for the other stuff I'm gonna add to the set up. I won't really need a fast pedal. You're not gonna do 200bpm on a cowbell, right? haha

I need something that's smooth. Strong. Will last.

I was at the drum shop today and saw the DW 9000 double pedal. I only had a short time with it. It felt smooth. A bit heavy...but I don't think that will matter. It might give me more power if anything.

Now, as it turns out I can get these high end pedals from my drum dealer at a very cheap price. They usually cost a lot more. I don't know how this guy can sell them this cheap.

I'm wondering if anyone plays them. Are they solid? Will I have any problems? Will they last?

I won't be going hard on them. I'll only be using them for creative fills...or maybe a solo.

But any input would be great.

Thanks

SonorPlayer

Will they last: Yes

Are they solid: Yes

Is it one of the top end pedals out there: Yes

Will it feel the same as the Trick: No

Are there any issues with it: No

I have a 9000 and love it, like you said a little heavy (switched out the stock beater for a danmar round felt made it feel lighter) but I've got it tuned with all the adjustments to feel good to my feet. If you've tried it and like it and can get a great deal I say go for it. Bottom line is it's your feet so you have to make sure you are happy with them. I switched out the chain for the strap that comes with it and prefer that feel myself.

FWIW I had a set of 5000 for 14 years with out any problems, DW makes some top notch hardware so no worries especially in the range you are looking ;-)

ive got a 9002 and love it. the ultimate chain driven pedal and looks good too. would be a good match for the tricks, but that will be one hell expensive pedal set up

well, normally it would be very costly. but as i said...my drum dealer does the dw 9000 at a much cheaper price than anywhere else I've seen them. so it won't cost all that much.

lol ok
but still tricks and 9000s not exactly cheap

Back