Pearl DR-80 Drum Rack?

MacMac

Hey Just Wondering How The PEARL DR-80 Drum Rack Handles, You Know Quality And What Not Just Wondering As I May Be Buying One Because My Kit Has 7 Cymbal Stands! Thanks Guys!

I had the DR-100, slightly more "robust" than the DR-80. The DR-80 uses a slightly smaller square pipe, and it's clamps aren't quite as versatile, but if it looks like it'll do what you need it to do, go for it. It was Jeff Porcaro and Paul Jamieson that designed the DR-80 for Pearl, and the smaller rack did everything Jeff Porcaro needed it to do.

Ok Thanks Harry Will Check The Dr-100 out!
EDIT: Just Looked And I Can't Find Any for Sale! But Will Keep Looking!

The DR-100, you'll probably only find used, now. It's the rack that evolved into the Icon.

There is an 80 for sale in the classified section of this forum.

I've been using a DR-80 for years and have no complaints. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it's stable and the clamps have convenient slots for memory locks. Pretty much all I've ever needed out of a rack. The holes on the clamps are 7/8" which fit the nicely priced (about $20) Gibraltar boom arms.

Thanks For The Help All Of You, Its Really Appreciated!

I had the DR-100, slightly more "robust" than the DR-80. The DR-80 uses a slightly smaller square pipe, and it's clamps aren't quite as versatile, but if it looks like it'll do what you need it to do, go for it. It was Jeff Porcaro and Paul Jamieson that designed the DR-80 for Pearl, and the smaller rack did everything Jeff Porcaro needed it to do.

i got the DR-80 when they first came out and used it for years!! the road crew liked it because it made for quick on and off the stage with playing with other bands and easier to set up everything in its place.

true that now it may not be as versatile as some other rack types, but the simplicity of the DR-80 was its beauty.

you can still get the DR-80 racks for about $177 with four clamps included and extra clamps are about $18 a piece, which is considerably cheaper than most other rack systems.

Thanks All Now I Know Exactly What To Get For Christmas!

Back