Music Pop Stars no longer have to be actual people

Pop has for many years been a programed form of music. I remember listening to an interview with Richard Carpenter (the brother of Karen Carpenter). He was saying that he was able to write a new pop hit easily because he knew the formula. I remember Neil Sedaka, saying something similar. Really, what is the difference between, orchestrating on a moog synthesizer, or a modern electronic keyboard and writing out the charts for all the instruments? One person programs or writes the music, and the others will add very little of their own musical ideas.

I did hear that someone was able to make a program to write compositions in the styles of famous classical and jazz composers. What would bother me though, would be when they create a program that would be able to improvise in jazz along with other musicians.

As far as creating cartoons that move and look like people, I do not have any problems with that. No matter how real looking the cartoons are.

I tell you something is definitely going down wrong in these Asian countries, they are so much hooked up to beauty that they are into computer generated characters or lip sync girl at the Country’s Annual Events in China.
Check this out: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,402093,00.html

That's not about being an Asian country - it's about being a poor relation trying to impress the big boys (ie. the west). It's also, dare I say it, about patriarchy.

How about Milli Vanilli's lip synching scandal? Why were the group even needed? ... weren't the ghost musicians behind the scenes cute or cool enough?

That's not about being an Asian country - it's about being a poor relation trying to impress the big boys (ie. the west). It's also, dare I say it, about patriarchy.

How about Milli Vanilli's lip synching scandal? Why were the group even needed? ... weren't the ghost musicians behind the scenes cute or cool enough?

i agree completely about Milli Vanilli.

i think their audience was so stupid that they were dancing to the cover. to be fair the studio cats and chicks were given a shot, but nobody wanted to hear it. Fab and Rob tried to do it for real with great coaching and put out a pretty good record (as performed on Arsenio - who was at the root of their unmasking - he ragged them MERCILESSLY right up until the record skipped and on until the eventual unmasking), but nobody wanted to hear it.

that tells you who we play for. not that everyone should know music inside out like we attempt to. Jane Doe doesn't need to know what a Mean 90 is, but she should like the record she always liked, even if it''s not by the people who she thought it was by. unless of course, she was dancing to the cover. or he. duh-huhhhh.

Back