m.drummerworld.com

Curiosity killed the cat...better watch it! ;-)

I think the movies of drummerworld don't work on ipad and iphone....because they are flash based.

Trick hint: download the movies and watch with quicktimeplayer

Any other suggestions?

Later on i want to bring html5 to work when time comes...

any other suggestions - please let me know - i'm on the work for this....

Bernhard

It'd be nice. Not a huge deal but when I'm browsing the forums on my phone the page spacing goes a bit nuts, I have to scroll a lot more than other pages I come across to navigate.

I think the movies of drummerworld don't work on ipad and iphone....because they are flash based.

Trick hint: download the movies and wat

Actually, there's usually a H.264 movie embedded as well. I have my computer default to H.264 and now it's rare that I have to use Flash.

Trick hint: download the movies and watch with quicktimeplayer

Any other suggestions?

Later on i want to bring html5 to work when time comes...

any other suggestions - please let me know - i'm on the work for this....

Bernhard

So what if it doesn't work on Apple products? Most of the world uses some other platform. Eventually Apple will catch up.

I use and Android and I would really like to have a mobile DW site. Most people are accessing the Internet through smart phones these days.

So what if it doesn't work on Apple products? Most of the world uses some other platform. Eventually Apple will catch up.

I use and Android and I would really like to have a mobile DW site. Most people are accessing the Internet through smart phones these days.

Apple aren't going to catch up. Instead, Adobe are writing workarounds because Apple have actively rejected Flash support. In fact I'm noticing that about 90% of the content that I use on a day-to-day basis is available in an H.264 form that will work on Apple devices.

I'm not going to go into the pros and cons of Flash, suffice to say that I've noticed a significant battery life increase on my laptop since I started blocking it.

DISCLAIMER: I use Apple computers, but I do not own an iOS device.

Hey buddy. What is this H264 of which you talk. I have an iphone and it always bothers me that it will not do flash. Is this a way around that?

H.264 is the HTML5 video format. HTML5 hasn't been fully standardised (and God knows W3C have been trying for years) but the H.264 format is (as far as I know) supported on iOS. My web browser defaults to H.264 and the majority of YouTube videos have it available.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

Under 'TV and Video' Apple state that H.264 is a compatible format. There is probably a way to default to this on YouTube with an iPhone but I don't own an iPhone so I couldn't tell you how.

If you try to watch Drummerworld movies on a ipad or iphone: just click the download button below the movie - it starts downloading and will play afterwards. All newer MP4 movies on Drummerworld are encoded h.264. The very old ones are still Quicktime)

Bernhard

Back