looking 4 exotic expandable drumkit manufacturer

Jim_L

a few weeks ago i was searching google images for huge drumkits and came across a kit with expandable/extendable shells (think large diameter plastic dryer vent hose). The manufacturer was european (nordic, swedish? I couldn't read the sites text!). Stupid me didn't mark the site and now that i'm trying to let another drummer friend of mine know about it, i can't find the darn thing!
Anyone know what i'm talking about?
Thanks for any help!
-Jim

I have also seen pics and info of that style drumkit. It was pretty wild looking. The drums did get a bad review as I remember.

Yeah I've seen those monstrosities on Ebay.The're expensive too_Over 3 grand for a 5 hose kit.Clamps are extra.:)

Steve B

No, not those. There's actually some good R&D in that design, & the production quality is good too. I'm not a fan of the sound, as I believe resonance is significantly impaired. That said, they look good, are flexible in application, & are very well made.

The Op is referring to drums using flexible plastic ventilation ducting as a shell. Personally, I think such a design displays a complete lack of understanding about how drums actually work, but each to their own.

No, those aren't them, interesting though!
Picture large diameter (as needed for standard head & tom sizes) flexable dryer venting hose (now made of aluminium, at least required in the states) of immense lengths (want a bass drum shell 20 feet long to flow like a snake across the stage?).
I still can't find pics or the (Nordic? Scandinavian? Swedish? Dutch?, No idea...) website even after trying to 'redo' my search parameters that caused me to come across the initial pics in the first place.
I looked for large drumkits using additional words & in various combinations such as:
massive, exotic, drums, drumsets, custom, huge & even looked for drumsets that light up and/or glow in the dark....;>)

They look like the sort of sci-fi drums that TV shows in the 70s thought they would be making in the future... and they were right! They are the 'Blake's 7' of drum kits.
I want some!!

A cat would have a freakin ball in that thing.

first thing i thought of..lol..the other drum concept seem pretty cool but the drums had no body to them IMO. I can understand where K.I.S would say the resonance is affected.

Bonzolead

Attachments

• lost in space.jpg
    lost in space.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 107
Back