EBay Triumph

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
I just won this gorgeous Silver Sparkle, 6.5 x 14 Gretsch Snare off of EBay.
It was offered by our member Walkera. Should be here in a few days since it only has to travel down the left coast of Florida from his house to mine. Now with 5 snares I finally have a Gretsch, and I'm interested in hearing the Mahogany.

Gretsch Retro Mahogany snare drum in stunning "Silver Sparkle" features a 8-ply mahogany shell along with a 30-degree edges, die cast hoops, Evans drumheads, traditional throw-off and vintage Gretsch “T-Roof” badge. This baby provides that classic sound and that vintage appearance. Drum is brand new, unplayed. Removed from the box for pictures only.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=170312807804&Category=38095

Scroll down to see drum.

Congrats, GD. That looks great and I'm glad to see it matriculating through the DW family. (seems to be happening alot these days). I love the depth, too.

what a great snare, congrats! Mahoganey shell with 30* bearing edges, you'll have to let us know how it sounds, should be awsome!

Congrats GD, That is indeed a thing of beauty. Post sound bytes if your able............... If not, just send it here and I'll judge for myself. ;-)

Good find.

why is the auction through next week?! It's still going?!

It was Buy Now, or make an offer. I made an offer that couldn't be refused.

Is that the same drum as this one?

http://www.indoorstorm.com/Gretsch_...o_Mahogany_Silver_Sparkle_Cc6514s-p-4186.html

$270 (buy it now - with shipping) seems a bit much if it is the same snare. Most places online have it for $200. And yeah, the auction looks like it is still live for another 6 days. Does the seller maybe have multiple quantities?

Looks like a great snare though. Very classy.

Looks like a Phillippine, not African mahogany snare. Catalina series. The sound samples are nice.

Yes, it's a great looking and sounding drum. I shipped it today via USPS "Priority" mail. You should see it Saturday.
thanks!!!!!

Back