Electronic drum setting

bolehnggak

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, and I would like to ask questions.

I saw Akira Jimbo's video, and he demonstrated how he use the electronic drums to play something like step sequencer, so he can play at one drumpad, and when he strucks the pad a few times, it sounds like a loop sequence.

Has anybody using this setup? I would love to implement that to my setup.
What should I get to obtain the setup? e.g. gears or else.

Can I use Roland SPDs to do that, or do I need more equipment? Akira Jimbo is using Yamaha DTX kit, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for any input.

BTW I'm still searching for infos, and I found that the new Yamaha DTX 12 Multi is capable to play up to 4 voices - in sequence - in one pad. This is the one that I'm looking for.

Can I get this with other things like Roland SPDs? or maybe I just find a software version of these, so I can trigger something like a do-re-mi-fa, with a pad struck 4 times, and back to do after 5 stroke. Actually I prefer more that just 4 sequence.

I don't know how to describe it correctly, but hope that you get the idea.

I'm not sure about the Roland SPD, but I know most of the Roland drum modules have step capability. My TD-10 will do it, and it's almost 10 years old.

The only issue is it takes an immense amount of time to program the steps in.
But while time consuming, I don't think the programming is actually that difficult.

In addition to Akiro Jimbo, look up Tony Verderosa, who does also uses electronics in this manner.

Thanks for the answer.

So the TD-10 has the step capability. I've searched in the SPDs manual, but didn't find any step capability feature in it. Could it be under different name?
And if I found them, do you know how to program it?

Thanks in advance.

Back