SuperKick II Question

I kept mine on. Although I suppose you could take the ring off, not too sure how good the adhesive is where it joins the foam to the head. But it'd probably open up the tone and resonance. you could always use felt strips to re-muffle it.

I've kept mine on. looks very well stuck on... however it does dampen the drum a fair bit. if this is why you are considering taking it off and you want a punchier sound, try using a wooden or rubber beater. if you are, maybe put a hole in the resonant head??

Do you take the pollysyrene ring off, or does it stay on?

Why would anyone take it off ? If you spend the money on the head what's the point ? You could just get a plain double ply head. The muffling ring on the SK head is what makes it . . . a Super Kick.

Agreed.

There's no point buying a pre-muffled head just to take off the muffling that's stuck onto the inside of it.

Just get a 2-ply head.
xoxo

Its glued on.

If you like a good amount of dampening, check out (AQUARIAN) IMPACT- same head, bigger felt.

Or if you're looking for minimal dampening, find their regular 2-ply head, Response 2, in your kick drum size.

I agree with the others, Don't pay extra for a head with a damper system if you don't want it.
Just buy a head with less or no dampening.
If your SK II is in good condition you can trade it for a different head with another drummer that wants a dampened head.

Back