Note stand on a drum rack

vojtech

Hi all,

Do you know if there is a note stand that can be mounted on a drum rack? Something small that would just sit above the toms without taking much space. It's for home practicing, not for hiding from the audience :)

Is there such a thing? And if so, what company makes it? I tried searching on the internet, but I didn't find much.

Thanks,
Vojtech

You could take a music stand top and clamp it to your rack with a clamp of some sort.

Most music stands have too small of tubing to fit in a rack clamp, but I once did find one that worked.

But I have no idea who made it.

Most music stands have too small of tubing to fit in a rack clamp, but I once did find one that worked.

But I have no idea who made it.

No, I mean why not just use a music stand? Just set it over to the side where you can see the charts. Why does it have to clamp onto anything?

No, I mean why not just use a music stand? Just set it over to the side where you can see the charts. Why does it have to clamp onto anything?

To put the music in a more comfortable spot.

And depending on one's set up, off to the side may be wayyyy off to the side. Or if it's a particularly large set up, there may be no room off to the side.

If I'm working on an exercise out of a book, I don't necessarily want the book to be an angle where I'm twisting me neck to an extreme. So back when I had a double bass set up on a rack, a stand off to the side didn't work. A stand on a clamp made more sense.

It's not as if there is a rule against having a music stand clamped to a rack.

Back