Carmichael CT-200 drum throne anyone?

I've never seen that before but I think the design makes sense. I've seen a similar thing done to bicycle saddles for the racers and that works for those organs (the crotch area). I suppose this would work for the tail end of the spine, but honestly, I've never had an issue with pain at the end of the spine, and considering that not many people are demanding regular chairs have this modification would lead me to believe there's probably a very small population that needs this.

They'd probably get more takers if they didn't charge so much just for the seat top. Their price for just that is more than an entire throne from somebody else.

I've never seen that before but I think the design makes sense. I've seen a similar thing done to bicycle saddles for the racers and that works for those organs (the crotch area). I suppose this would work for the tail end of the spine, but honestly, I've never had an issue with pain at the end of the spine, and considering that not many people are demanding regular chairs have this modification would lead me to believe there's probably a very small population that needs this.

They'd probably get more takers if they didn't charge so much just for the seat top. Their price for just that is more than an entire throne from somebody else.

It is a pretty steep price to pay. Methinks I'll stick with my warpath for a Roc-N-Soc, though this Tama Roadpro throne is pretty comfortable for the price.

exactly what I was wondering, Les... they better have a pretty wide plate to keep it from bending out. Jai Es swears by his, but I really wonder what the difference between these and a 'regular' one is, having sat in a Nitro Roc-N-Soc for an extended period and finding it pretty dang good.

Anyone get a CARMICHAEL yet?

I'll be at GUITAR CENTER next week, going to pick one up.

The reviews are stellar, and this design if it does what they're sayin' it does is nothing short of revolutionary.

That throne has my interest since i'm recovering from back surgery but there is just no way i'm going to shell out that much for a drum throne. I may experiment and make one of my own!

Having had a Tama 1st Chair throne for a while now, I'm not sure I'll ever actually buy a Carmichael- I'd need to try one first now. The Tama is incredibly easy to sit in and feels very nice to me. Ahead has done what appears to be a copy of the Carmichael throne concept with their "Spinal G" series of thrones, and those are cheaper and probably available in more places... again, we'll see, but for now my Tama is really all I think I need.

That throne has my interest since i'm recovering from back surgery but there is just no way i'm going to shell out that much for a drum throne. I may experiment and make one of my own!

Dude, I hear ya.

Im coming off a pinched nerve in L5 and if this thing provides relief (the testimonials are great BTW) I'd gladly pay double.

What's the option, pay $150 for a ROC or GIBRALTAR that screws up your back??

Last edited:
Dude, I hear ya.

Im coming off a pinched nerve in L5 and if this thing provides relief (the testimonials are great BTW) I'd gladly pay double.

What's the option, pay $150 for a ROC or GIBRALTAR that screws up your back??

Yeah i hear what you're saying.......and i agree with you.

For what it's worth, the Spinal-G thrones are at least $80 less.

SPINAL G is not quite the same as a CARMICHAEL, it has springs in the cushion(s) keeping you in motion, which (in my case anyway) provides little support. Also the gap is only .75" and collapses to les when you sit on it.

I'll have a review and detailed pics of the CARMICHAEL up in the next week or so.

SPINAL G is not quite the same as a CARMICHAEL, it has springs in the cushion(s) keeping you in motion, which (in my case anyway) provides little support. Also the gap is only .75" and collapses to les when you sit on it.

I'll have a review and detailed pics of the CARMICHAEL up in the next week or so.

Huh, I hadn't seen the springs. It did seem like the gap might be too small to fully work.

Huh, I hadn't seen the springs. It did seem like the gap might be too small to fully work.

I'll post a pic of the springs in the SPINAL G.

The inventor of the SPINAL G is a chiropractor, the spring theory is supposed to simulate motion/walking, go figure why you'd want that on a drum throne.

Danny Carmichael is a drummer who had a back injury.

Got a CARMICHAEL, did 1 gig with it so far. Serious, very serious... life changing.

My mind is still grappling with coming to terms of feeling no type of pain/discomfort after a gig, and its so blown away with amazement its not able to speak about how this thing affects my playing ability. The CARMICHAEL'S done what its ben trying to figure out all these years. My mind is humbled.

We'll start a new thread and do a review soon, want to get some more time/weight on the CARMICHAEL.

Looks like a nice area to rest my twig n berries, my bits n pieces, you know my wedding tackle, the meat n two veg lol!

Austin Powers video if you please, a thank you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgZx8bzN5Sg

To stay on topic, while it may work in theory it doesn't look too comfy. I think that gap may get to feel a bit awkward over time. Not enough padding or support under the buttox.

...while it may work in theory it doesn't look too comfy. I think that gap may get to feel a bit awkward over time. Not enough padding or support under the buttox.

The gap floats your spine, which is a sitting experience that does not allow (greatly lessens) compression of your vertebrae and yields maximum balance.

There's correct support b/c you're supporting the weight of your frame and innards with your butt cheeks, not your tailbone/spine. Its an incredible experience really.

Hi all,

Excuse me for bumping up a not so recent thread. It's justified though.

Has anyone used the Carmichael throne for other non-drumming purposes, as a chair/stool at home for example, at the dinner table or whatever else? Does it work?

I'm considering ordering one for myself but my wife actually has a far greater need for a "spine saver", unfortunately. So perhaps I should order two.

I know Carmichael produce proper office chairs based on the same concept but they're out of our price range, especially since I'm ordering from overseas. It would be cheaper to buy just the seat top and then add on a throne base and possibly a backrest.

What do you think?

Back