fixing ddrum bass trigger pro (glue or adhesive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CH3Ch2OH

Hello i have to fix a ddrum bass drum trigger pro I have to glue the foam and the trigger and i need some advice, should i fix it with glue or double sided Adhesive tape?
Thanks.

Hello i have to fix a ddrum bass drum trigger pro I have to glue the foam and the trigger and i need some advice, should i fix it with glue or double sided Adhesive tape?
Thanks.

It has been about 2 day and no reply so what the heck...

Never had that unit so am imagining the electro-mechanical parts. Double-sided foam tape probably does not have the grip strength. Glue may be VERY permanent. Maybe try a middle ground of silicone sealant due to being very 'grippy' yet also serviceable? Of course silicone sealant might not 'stick' to the 'head' surface due to it being too smooth??? Maybe plumbers assembly 'glue' like that used for hot tub PVC piping? Am truly GUESSING here, if i had a large photo could perhaps make a more informed guesstimate.

Also, maybe use Gorilla brand duct tape that is easy to buy at Home Depot (or better still 'helicopter' tape, also called 160 mph tape or some such by NASCAR). Tape it down, though be ready as this tape is VERY strong.

you mean the foam has come off the trigger metal unit yeah? is it a redshot? i guess i would just try what thtst suggested and if it didn't work then just get another one. they're not too expensive really.

Ddrum began to make really piece of s@#$ triggers.
I ordered two acoustic pro triggers for my bass drums and they both broke within two weeks, on the first one the wires weren't even soldered properly, just came off, and the second one's piezo got broken.

Now thinking of a way of making the transducer more durable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back