Finger technique workout

DanBed27

Hey guys!

Do you want to give your fingers a workout? Here's a short and simple routine I like to go through and push up to speed. Give it a try and start slowly at first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul9fKj_vt0Y

I hope you enjoy,

D.

Attachments

• Finger technique exercise in groupings of 3&4.pdf
    18.1 KB · Views: 105
Good stuff, as usual D and thanks for sharing.

Quite the workout but concise enough to keep working on without getting lost. I've printed it out and will incorporate it into the practice routine.

PS- I'm still working on mastering the Steve Gadd 6 stroke roll licks you posted in November!

Thanks for the kind words.

I tend to use that Steve Gadd 6 stroke roll lick way too much when I solo. ;)

Good stuff, as usual D and thanks for sharing.

Quite the workout but concise enough to keep working on without getting lost. I've printed it out and will incorporate it into the practice routine.

PS- I'm still working on mastering the Steve Gadd 6 stroke roll licks you posted in November!

Great stuff here. Finger exercises are often overlooked when practicing, yet they're vital to good control and speed.

This is awesome. I literally woke up this morning thinking 'Hey, wouldn't it be great if there were finger control exercises that didn't just comprise of alternating 16th's?'

And...here it is!

Anyone have any other finger control exercises that are more akin to 'stick control' type stuff? Rather than just alternating strokes...

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Here's another sheet I use with students. It consists of groupings of 8, 6, 4 and 3 notes. I hope you'll enjoy!

Attachments

• Finger technique exercises.pdf
    20.7 KB · Views: 51
Wow, thanks Renard, these are awesome. Exactly what I asked for :)

It's really refreshing to practice finger control other than just a string of consecutive alternating 16th notes.

I think what you show here opens up some new possibilities on what you are comfortable doing with with fingers. Plus, with all the changing time signatures, it is a good reading workout to.

à la prochaine,

Andy

If you're looking for other ideas, there's a section in Gary Chaffee's "Technique Patterns" book that deals with finger exercises. Definitely worth checking out.

Wow, thanks Renard, these are awesome. Exactly what I asked for :)

It's really refreshing to practice finger control other than just a string of consecutive alternating 16th notes.

I think what you show here opens up some new possibilities on what you are comfortable doing with with fingers. Plus, with all the changing time signatures, it is a good reading workout to.

à la prochaine,

Andy

oh, thank you! Addedd to my never ending oust of drum-rekated things to buy :)

Back