White or black bass drum resonante head?

mkfly2626

Hello

What do you prefer: White or black bass drum resonante head?

041e86c596b5b1f86149057e0abfd1c3.image.425x318.jpg

43f8b8adbed744fc20873ae005024fa6.image.425x318.jpg

I wouldn't say "ruin" (depends on the colour of the kit, doesn't it), but in this case I'd prefer the white head. But it's YOU who should decide. And is it that important anyway?

White.
How can you even be thinking of a black.
Fiberskyn is also allowed.
But if you're going to puta nice logo on it (like Steve Jordan), black heads could be allowed. Could. Maybe.

For me, it'd be white for sure for that particular kit. It just instantly looked best to me.
I saw another thread where you asked about the colour of snare to buy.
No offense but it really seems true that kids have lost the ability to make their own decisions these days and must be told what to like, just like the media tell people what clothes, music and even which people to like.
It really is your own decision. As an individual with your own thoughts and taste, which do you like the look of best?
Sorry rant over ;-)
Not that I'm much better at making decisions, haha!

For this particular case, i`d say both work, but i`d choose white.
It really is a metter of taste and what suits the finish of the kit. For my black wrap kit, i always wanted a white reso head. It just looks a lot more classy, and it goes well in contrast to the kit.
A good example of what I`d like with a black reso head would be a natural finish kit (especially those of lighter shades) with black hardware. Contrasting always works. Here`s an example of what I mean,althrough it is not a bass drum.
85724-5f0eb214128f9400ec83e9837e0af15f.jpg

With that particular finish, it would have to be the white resonant head for me.

Dennis

With my Sonors, which are faded Gloss White, I use white. Black looks funky. For my "new to me" Imperialstar with the gunmetal finish, the black looks decent. Like everyone said, its a matter of personal preference. However YOU think YOU should make it look.

White, always white. Black looks bad in a 1980's kind of way and ruins the look of any bass drum.
Whatever!

Anyways, back to reality. Use what you like. Me, I would put a fibreskyn on that bass drum
Would look very classy.
91e55da51dfa67bf996a07270d71dcc2image425x318.jpg

Whatever!

Anyways, back to reality. Use what you like. Me, I would put a fibreskyn on that bass drum
Would look very classy.
91e55da51dfa67bf996a07270d71dcc2image425x318.jpg

+1, I love how Fibreskyn looks on the front of a bass drum.

However, at a recent gig there was a house kit with no hole in the front head. I saw the sound guy undo the front head of the bass drum, stick a mic inside, and then jam it shut again with the wire trapped and he somehow did it back up again. As a drummer and ex-sound engineer, I was gob-smacked.

Yes but, but, but, have you seen the Jojo DVD or extracts with his gross black reso head.

Yum, you can see it bellowing out when he kicks and that is uber-cool. It makes the kit look alive.

Sorry guys, black is this seasons colour. : )

Davo

Yes but, but, but, have you seen the Jojo DVD or extracts with his gross black reso head.

Yum, you can see it bellowing out when he kicks and that is uber-cool. It makes the kit look alive.

Sorry guys, black is this seasons colour. : )

Davo

You are right about the season, and colour thing. I know it applies to shoes, does it carry over to bass heads? :)

White, always white. Black looks bad in a 1980's kind of way and ruins the look of any bass drum.

That's kinda dumb. White looks stupid on lots of dark color kits. I have a kit that is red to black fade lacquer. A white front head would just look off.

On a blonde color drumset like the one in the OP, I'd go white, though.

I prefer black. My Gretsch kit has white, and my Pearl kit has black. Eventually, both will have black. Peace and goodwill.

Once you go black, you'll never go back...

It depends on the color of the kit. my blonde Slingerlands had a white one, my red Rockstars and gun metal Imperialstars had black. My current Pearl set is getting wrapped in white, so of course I'm going black. But if I got something in Sparkle blue, then I would go white or fiberskin. No doubt about it.

Clear looks pretty cool, too. I have two kicks, one white reso, the other black. I have a hard time deciding which I like better, too. I might go back to clear, which I used for several years until not long ago. As a drummer, I like being able to see the kick pedal in action on other peoples' kits, so why not mine?

My mapex meridian maple stock head is a white coated head. I think it looks classy. I'm really digging the sound I'm getting from it and wonder how much the coating has to do with it. Do they make a coated black resonant?

I say white, I actually hate black heads unless your going to have some custom heads done with some kind of image.

Back