Vater grip tape

kevdrummer28

For the most part, I'm a hard hitter & play alt rock. I've tried out the VF stick tape on my VF 2's, but it wasn't thick enough to me & just came off after a bit of playing.

Then I saw Vater's grip tape, not the stick tape. The grip tape looks pretty nice & thick, but not too thick.

Has anyone used this before? Would it help reduce wear & tear on fingers/hands/wrists?

It will help you get a better grip on the stick, not shure about the wear and tear on your hands though. Personally i didn't like the vater tape that much. The stickyness(spelling?) seemed to wear off pretty quick to me. I went to Ahead tape and IMO it's much better. I bought two packs of them a year ago and i've been able to reuse them with no trouble at all and they are still kinda sticky. The only bad thing about Ahead tape is that you only get enough tape for one pair of sticks.

What about Vic Grips?

a3e910eb4ac0f396bdd17fa22f6ddad1.image.425x212.jpg

Fox.

Go to your local sporting goods store and buy an overgrip for tennis rackets. Tourna grip is good. I wear gloves when I tape my sticks also.

I think I'm going to check out the Vater tape; I've already looked at the Vic Grip sticks, and it just doesn't look like it has the thickness that the Vater tape has

I have been using the Vater grip tape for years now and love it. Its soft on you're hands and is re-usable. Prior to using this i was using Dunlop tennis racket grip, slightly thicker and has more grip to it. Either one will do the job.

I have been using the Vater grip tape for years now and love it. Its soft on you're hands and is re-usable. Prior to using this i was using Dunlop tennis racket grip, slightly thicker and has more grip to it. Either one will do the job.

Have you had ANY blisters since you've been using it?

No, none. Before i started using any type of grip tape i used to get blisters all the time.

Yep go for the tennis racket tape, you'll get more for your money and it will do the same thing for you.

Or easton's all sports grip. I know some of you guys on here hear me preach about this stuff, but I have too. Anyways, lol, I use the All Sports Grip by Easton. They give you enough for 1 pair of sticks for about $4-5. It is reusable and, it gives you an excellent grip, as well as a slight cushion.

Ive used shrink tube on a few sticks before i switched to pro mark naturals.

It comes in several colors, is easy as heck to install, costs just pennies and is widely available :)

Plus its a thick rubber type substance

Ive used shrink tube on a few sticks before i switched to pro mark naturals.

It comes in several colors, is easy as heck to install, costs just pennies and is widely available :)

Plus its a thick rubber type substance

Good idea. I might try this because my tastes are shifting and using the Easton's batting grip makes your sticks feel huge (my sticks are currently 0.695" in diameter, I measured) so I think I will try that.

I have a love hate relationship with grip tape and dipped sticks. I get blisters from tape and i feel the tape slows me down. The dipped sticks aren't as bad on my hands but I still feel they slow me down. Both are not good for rim shots with the butt of the stick. What i like about tape and dipped sticks is the confidence i have with them in my hands. I never worry about loosing my sticks. If i was you i would get the tape. If it gives you blisters or slows you down i would try the dipped sticks next. Also a word of caution. When the dipped sticks start to wear the rubber comes off. This can aggravate you to death.

Back