Chad Kent

MSUMetal

I'm not big on the technical scene on knowing if drummers are technically sound, but my friend is. I was just wondering what you guys thought of a pretty unknown drummer Chad Kent, he's in the band Atomship. Currently he is probably my favorite drummer, and I would just like to see your guys' opinion about him.

Also, what do you guys think of Chimaira, Trivium, and Shadows Fall's drummers? They're also some of my fav's.

MSUMetal said:
I'm not big on the technical scene on knowing if drummers are technically sound, but my friend is. I was just wondering what you guys thought of a pretty unknown drummer Chad Kent, he's in the band Atomship. Currently he is probably my favorite drummer, and I would just like to see your guys' opinion about him.

Also, what do you guys think of Chimaira, Trivium, and Shadows Fall's drummers? They're also some of my fav's.

Chad is a phenominal drummer. I have been listening to them since they were called watership down, Everytime I listen to Mothra I am sure that chad is overdubbing, but once you have seen him live all that goes out the window.

Last edited:
Well I was hoping for a few more responces from people. I guess not many have heard him play, if not you guys need to try out the songs Mothra, Alien, Whitfield, and Agent Orange are my favorite.

The singer isn't bad, but his lyrics....a bit wierd I'll admit, but I grew to like him quickly. I hope some of you guys give a listen and post what you think of him.

And I'm glad that the 2 that have heard/replied think that he's phenominal. But what about the other 3 that I've listed?

Anyone Heard of Chad Kent?

I just wanted to see if anyone has ever heard of him. I reckon he is one of the most underated drummers. His technique and style is awesome. If you haven't heard of him before then you should check out his band, Atomship. They are really awesome and I would like to see what others felt about the way he plays.

Check out songs like:
Mothra
Agent Orange (The end part is awesome)
Pencil Fight
Whitfield

Yeah their song topics are really weird, but it's good to see bands that take on different issues. Please just listen to him and tell me what you think of him. I hope that he will appear on the site someday.

www.atomship.com is their official website

Re: Anyone Heard of Chad Kent?

Yeah, I started a thread about him and only got 2 replies...very unknown, hopefully that changes. I tend to bring him up in other conversatoins on occasion. Nice to see another fan of him.

Re: Anyone Heard of Chad Kent?

Yeah, it is good to see that at least someone else has heard of him. He is a pretty awesome drummer and he doesn't get too many mentions by people. Yeah I hope that it changes too. Thanks for the reply though.

thesam said:
Chad is a phenominal drummer. I have been listening to them since they were called watership down, Everytime I listen to Mothra I am sure that chad is overdubbing, but once you have seen him live all that goes out the window.

LoL yeah I thought that he was overdubbing as well. For a moment there when I was first listening to him, I so thought that there were two drum recordings. I thought that he was way too quick for his own good. You are right though, once you have seen him play live there is no doubt that he is an awesome drummer. I have seen many drummers and bands playing live and so far there is no comparison to Chad.

Sweet, another Chad Kent fan. I hope some of the regulars check him out and comment, then others will try him out and comment.

I'm really interested to see what others say about him.

i know, the if the tre cool thread can have 200 posts then this can!

what are you fav songs?

Mothra for the drumming, Aliens, Whitfield, Pencil Fight are probably my favorite all around songs (and stillt he drumming is sweet in all of them). I like all of their songs pretty much, even though their lyrics are weird as hell, the singer still sounds cool.

yeah very david drahman (disturbed) like, i like mothra, agent orange, and dragonfly the best but they are all good.

it makes me very mad when such good drummers IMO dont get credit, you will never hear an alt rock band / hard rock band like this with drumming this good.

Heard Chad recorded a 7+ minute song called B-side that is nothing but drums that was on the prerelease of The Crash of '47. Would love to get a copy of that. Read some place too that he used to gig by himself - just drums.

He is Unreal!!! I stumbled on their song Pencil Fight, and really liked it. Then heard Mothra...WOW. I'd love to get lessons from him and/or find out what he focused on when practicing to get so good

Drum Attack said:
Heard Chad recorded a 7+ minute song called B-side that is nothing but drums that was on the prerelease of The Crash of '47. Would love to get a copy of that. Read some place too that he used to gig by himself - just drums.

Hmm, I wonder if anyone has that song they could let me get a hold of...anyone?

Well I want this guy to be heard so I'll put up their myspace page and their home web page so that people will hopefully give him a listen.

Homepage

and

Myspace

Mothra is definately their best song drumming wise, but their other tracks should be enough to get people interested (since mothra isnt on their myspace page).

I hope a few more people give him a listen now.

Re: hell yeah

reply:i am a big fan of chad and i think his stick workm is awesome.
i myself am a drummer and believe me when i say chad's grooves are tough.
how does he acheive such a perfect limb independence?
try listening to pencil fight and dragonfly.

chad is amazing. hopfully atomship will make it big some day.His drumming is great on every song, right now im diggin dragonfly tho. Any one who hasnt heard of atomship should check them out, atleast to here the sweet drummin

found this old thread from a search, I wondered if anyone was familiar with him.

Unfortunately Atomship is no more. Hopefully Chad will find another gig that will afford him some exposure, he sure is a chops monster~

All those Atomship fellows were really friendly and good guys, I was sorry to see the band break up. We got the chance to hang out with them at several of our shows, and they were always great company.

Back