Derek Roddy here!

If you guys are interested...here is a DrumChannel stream....with Marco Minnemann and myself.

If you're into metal and general "busy drumming".....check this out.
http://www.drumchannel.com/entertainment/Derek-Roddy-Marco-Minnemann-AMAZING-96274.aspx

Enjoy....

D.

Great stuff! No surprise there. By the way, you need to stop posting at 7:00 am in the morning. Other drummers may learn about your work ethic and your business and marketing expertise (aside from your unbelievable drumming) and may realize they don't need me!

Paul

Great stuff! No surprise there. By the way, you need to stop posting at 7:00 am in the morning. Other drummers may learn about your work ethic and your business and marketing expertise (aside from your unbelievable drumming) and may realize they don't need me!

Paul

Hahaha....too funny.

Hey, meant to call this week but, got busy with snake stuff.

Are you going to be able to make it to the Clinic on Thursday? Hope so....bringing my wife over as well.
Lets hook up if possible.

Cheers....I'll shout later this weekend.

D.

Hahaha....too funny.

Hey, meant to call this week but, got busy with snake stuff.

Are you going to be able to make it to the Clinic on Thursday? Hope so....bringing my wife over as well.
Lets hook up if possible.

Cheers....I'll shout later this weekend.

D.

Absolutely, I'll be there. Give me a shout on Tuesday or Wednesday. I am in meetings all day Monday. Paul

Just to be current. See you there Paul.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-02-06 at 12.05.17 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-02-06 at 12.05.17 PM.png
    198 KB · Views: 3,203
What's your pedal setup, man? I was watching a video of yours for practicing and noticed you're on an e-kit with some MASSIVE felt beaters on the pedals, which is like the opposite of what you usually see.

Visual reference:

2SwMA.png

Also, pet snake. Awesome.

What's your pedal setup, man? I was watching a video of yours for practicing and noticed you're on an e-kit with some MASSIVE felt beaters on the pedals, which is like the opposite of what you usually see.

Visual reference:

2SwMA.png

Also, pet snake. Awesome.

Hi man....yeah, that was an old practice pad kit I had.

My pedals are Axis A21 longboards and the beaters are standard Danmar Felt beaters.

Yes, and the snakes....I have a few of them...about 100 or so. Haha.

Cheers,
D.

Hi Derek

just wanted to drop by and say I loved your modern drummer fest performance!! Although I'm not much into metal, your playing was (or is, on the dvd) very inspiring, interesting, diverse and awesome! Also you seem to be a very nice guy, very down to earth and humble. I have great respect for that.

All the best,
Matthias

Hello everyone.....
Just an announcement about my new Signature Edition Axis A21 Bass Drum pedal.
Here's is the link....
http://www.axispercussion.com/A21_derek_roddy.html

Myself and the Axis company put our heads together in respects to drummers feeling that the A pedal is too light for them.
A simple angle change of the beater going into the #1 axle piece....was all that was needed.

The 21 degree angle forward...gives the pedal more acceleration in the stroke...giving WAY MORE power.
They also upgraded all the allen keys screws....with drum key screws.

There are 2 separate designs of the new A21....my model (which has the older style footboard and comes with the E kits for triggering) and, the regular A21has a new "wide heel" board designed for heel toe players.

If you're a Axis fan....definitely check these out.......and if the light feel of the pedal was too not your thing.....check em' out now.

What a difference a simple angle change makes.

Cheers everyone.
Derek Roddy

Those look sweet!

Now if only they didn't cost as much as my entire kit...

Dude! Derek is actually on here.
Those pedals are gorgeous dude, so they actually sell those? Where can you find them?

hi derek , its me jennifer . i just wanted to say thanks for all the cool stuff you showed me at my lesson . i will practice it very hard and make casey jealous ha ! ha !
my dad and i had a great time at the lesson and the clinic . your a lot nicer than i expected ! hopefully next time i won't be so nervous !!!!!!!
jennifer

oh btw my dad has been posting some videos of the clinic on you tube .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZg2tATXqPE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJtJ7Jo5rp4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQyzNsXF2XA

Wow! Great clinic last night. You were awesome great speed and control. Here is a few pictures I took.

Hey man...thanks for coming out and hanging with us. I had a lot of fun. Maybe see ya again sometime over there.

hi derek , its me jennifer . i just wanted to say thanks for all the cool stuff you showed me at my lesson . i will practice it very hard and make casey jealous ha ! ha !
my dad and i had a great time at the lesson and the clinic . your a lot nicer than i expected ! hopefully next time i won't be so nervous !!!!!!!
jennifer

oh btw my dad has been posting some videos of the clinic on you tube .
]

Cheers Jennifer. It was great to play with ya.
I honestly couldn't believe you picked up the paradiddle with you feet thing.....haha. That blew me away.

You're going to be a Great drummer.....you just keep jammin'.
Tell your dad hello for me.

Talk soon,
D.

Yeah, they're available where ever Axis pedals are sold.

Cheers,
D.

I mean they're killer, I really want to get those but I'm sure they're like $1,000 bucks a pop hahaha.
I looked on the internet for them but I've only seen them on the Axis website but I'm going to try and find them!

By the way my grandma loves your blastbeat video.

Hey D!!!!

Great to see you the other day. Thanks for the DVD. It is really AWESOME!!! Great job all around. Playing, production, Sound, Video edits, speaking , content, interviews and of course Snakes!!!!!

See you soon my friend-

J Fav

Attachments

• roddy & Fav.jpg
    roddy & Fav.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 3,091
Hey Derek, I'm big fan of your work. I have been getting into the multi-pedal thing lately. I was wondering if you had some general tips for pedal placement & pedal settings. I have a 6 pedal set up from left to right.

Axis A shortboard w/ gajate bracket to LP Matador Cowbell.
Axis LB Hi-Hat max tension w/ 14" Paiste 2002 SE
X LB double pedal 22" Ludwig Classic Maple Kick
Gilbralter Remote Hi-Hat w/ 14" Zildjian Mastersound
Axis X w/ gajate mount LP Black Beauty Cowbell

All the pedals are set at 3/4 pedal tension, beater angle is standard 45*, the pedals on the cowbells have plastic beaters. Everything fits together pretty well overall, except the remote hat b/c it doesn't have velcro on the bottom.

I can play some pretty cool patterns and have gotten to the point where I can solo on top of some easy ones (say a 4 pedal samba pattern).

I was just wondering if you had any advice that would make my set more effecient as far as placement, pedal settings, general movement, and anything else you know.
I know its hard w/o a pic, so I will try to post some later. As you can see I am a pretty big fan of Axis, but I noticed that you use Sonor Giant Steps for everything but the kicks. Do pedals like that seem to work better for multi-pedal work?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Back