Website behavior suggestion

311Spider

I'm a long time visitor of this site, and only just recently started posting on these forums. I appologize if this suggestion has already been discussed on these boards.

It would be much nicer for the visitors of this website if clicking links did not spawn new windows. Whenever I come to this site, after I click a few links I've got a bunch of DrummerWorld windows active on my computer. It gets to be confusing and a little bit of a pain to sift through all of the windows to find what you're looking for.

Well, that's my suggestion, FWIW.

I guess it depends on your browser... I've got firefox, and rather than new windows, I get new tabs which are a big plus for me. When viewing a video or checking on an older thread from a link, I like to be able to have the thread I came from right there and not having to wait for it to reload to get back to it. This is helpful for, say, viewing a video and typing a response while watching/listening. I can see that many new windows could get annoying though... maybe you could try other browsers and see how that works out?

A behavior is a combination of an event with an action triggered by that event. In the Behaviors panel, you add a behavior to a page by specifying an action and then specifying the event that triggers that action. Dream weaver behaviors place JavaScript code in documents to allow visitors to interact with a web page to change the page in various ways, or to cause certain tasks to be performed.

My initial idea was, that inside the forum no new windows open. But when leaving Drummerworld forum to a link outside, it opens a new page.

Bernhard

I guess it depends on your browser... I've got firefox, and rather than new windows, I get new tabs which are a big plus for me. When viewing a video or checking on an older thread from a link, I like to be able to have the thread I came from right there and not having to wait for it to reload to get back to it. This is helpful for, say, viewing a video and typing a response while watching/listening. I can see that many new windows could get annoying though... maybe you could try other browsers and see how that works out?

+1

I like the links opening in a new tab for the same reason.

i think this is perfect because wan your done with the outside link you can just close it and be back to the thread, you don't have to press the back button over and over.

Exactly. I open new tabs all the time (I had no idea it did it automatically). I usually go to 'New Posts' and open all the interesting looking threads in a new tab. It helps me keep everything straight.

Back