Some of my gear. Beginning with my favorite subject, snares

......??????......!!!!!!!!

Dude, I've owned cars that cost less than your collection. Very nice! I am a big Sonor snare fan so I really liked seeing those. How does the brass Sonor Artist sound? I really want one!

Oh, well, it's really nice. Incredibly powerful. Lacks the character of the Black Beauty, but I bought it for it's amazing power. If I wanted a Black Beauty I'd buy one, and I've already got one! So yeah, it's a cool drum.

But I'd recommend trying a Delite brass first in the same size. It has more of that classic Sonor sound. And may be a bit cheaper.

Wy, that's too many to keep track of.........better send a few south for safe keeping!!

That's not even half. I think I have about 33 or so. I hope to get them all on film. If just for insurance purposes!

I saw a guy recently on another forum who has 59 Pearl snares. 59 Pearls???

I mean why???

One must have an LM 402, 400 and a Black Beauty or it ain't a snare collection!!!

One must have an LM 402, 400 and a Black Beauty or it ain't a snare collection!!!

33.......man, I have six and the good wife is always on at me as to why I need that many. I'm showing her this thread! Your nominated 'essential three' however, are all included in my mini collection......so I'll continue to refer to it as such.

Well PFOG, you are obviously a man of class and distinction, so I expect nothing less.

I do not have photos of all my snares, nor do I have pictures of my entire drum kit. So here's a couple of photos of some of my Pearl Masterworks kit. 4 ply birch toms, 6 ply mahogany bass drum.

IMGP5251.jpg

IMGP5239.jpg

If you look closely you will see a wind gong.

4161_73157323142_654928142_1731535_.jpg

IMGP5324.jpg

Last edited:
Some cymbals before the camera ran out of memory.

IMGP5322.jpg

My most popular recording ride. It's been on more sessions than gigs!

K.jpg

The "amazing" cymbal used in my teaching room. A glorious 21" Sabian heavy HH ride.

IMGP5327.jpg

A few Zildjian splashes.

IMGP5179.jpg

Sabian AAX hats at work in my teaching room. A bit chunky but they do the job.

IMGP5118.jpg

One of my many Sabian HH crash cymbals. I think this one is 19". Actually no, it is an amazing 20" Vault ride.

IMGP5175.jpg

A bit out of character for me, but what the hell, they gave it to me! AAX 20" crash.

IMGP5328.jpg

I have no idea why this cymbal still has a logo??? Normally I remove them as a matter of course.

IMGP5178.jpg

I think this is a pair of Zildjian 14" New Beats.

IMGP5180.jpg

An odd assortment. I was running out of memory!

IMGP5323.jpg

Wy I'd really like to hear your playing. Do you have anything on the net?
It goes without saying that your collection is the stuff of dreams.
If you had only ONE snare to use, for everything, which one?

Wy I'd really like to hear your playing. Do you have anything on the net?
It goes without saying that your collection is the stuff of dreams.
If you had only ONE snare to use, for everything, which one?

Designer 14x5 Maple with Walnut veneer. The most amazing drum I have ever heard! PERIOD!!!

And it's mine...mine, mine I tell you, MINE!!!!

:)

Larry at some time a site will be together for me. When I stop practicing, buying drums and get around to it!

But mate, I wish you'd been there on Sunday night! Man, we killed it! No charts, we never met, but those guys were great and I did my best to make them sound great! And they did!

Amazing collection,

You mentioned that you prefer to remove the stenciling on the cymbals, why is that?

I suck though.

I just surround myself with great players.

I can't go wrong! ;-)

Amazing collection,

You mentioned that you prefer to remove the stenciling on the cymbals, why is that?

Who writes on a gold ring with permanent marker???

That's why. I think it looks terrible.

Plus I don't want to anger people. ;-)

Although you guys know me as a drummer, I am a percussionist. The only full endorsement I have ATM is from a Brasilian drum company.

Here is my all time favorite instrument to play, the pandeiro. It is so hard to play!!!

IMGP5113.jpg

I am actually having great trouble playing now due to a nerve being caught between 2 vertabrae in my neck. My right hand is totally numb and has been for some months. Playing the pandeiro is incredibly hard. As is playing the drums!

Last edited:
Man... You´re one lucky mofo! I also want to hear some of your recordings!

Back