My Trick Aluminum kit

Yep.. my philosophy is...I can always use "less" when I want to. The UA is the single greatest thing to happen to the hihat since they took it off the floor as a sock cymbal. I suppose a remote hat/cable may work, but this is awesome at 1/2 the cost.

I can put the hats precisely where I want to at any angle. They are insanely comfortable to play. It totally frees you up from hat positioning and floor clutter.

I read how people hate odd tom angles. My pet peeve has been getting the hat comfortable in a bigger kit. The UA does the...err.. trick.

Well said mate- YOU set up as you find best for you- So dont understand the tom angle words always floating- wasted words like a serious drummer would be told how he should set up!
That kit you have is amazing! I love the set up- but think I would miss the 6inch ers like crazy and end up taping the hoop all the time- never had them b4.

I use a closed seperate hat and love it! Maybe when you get a chance post some audio- I would love to hear that kit please!
Thanks
H

Didn't he leave of his own accord after getting a warning or something?

That might have been the case, but as of what I remember he got banned. Flat out banning. It's possible that they banned him for a short period of time, then he got mad and left forever on his own. I don't know, but I don't think it's even worth talking about because these posts don't fit within the contents of this thread, and they'll most likely see the trash can sooner or later.

Man, this sure is annoying. All these super-helpful people keep getting banned because of stepping out of line just a little bit.

Hmm...Corrupted mods? I don't know, but it sure makes me sad that jay_norem and trkdrmr, and I'm sure some other people have banned / left.

Unfortunately he stepped out of line more than a little bit.

Which thread?

The offending thread was titled: "Lighten up on pro drummers guys"

Thanks for confirming the favoritism shown Matt Smith. It's been blatantly obvious. For a long time now. Go ahead and do what you should have done already.

I feel no remorse about calling out your favorite boy for what he is... an ******** ***** ****** ***** that gets away with everything he wants to here.

So much for having a forum that is morally superior.

That's what he said. You could have searched it yourself.

I am as curious as you are 805, but I don't think it's going to be much use. It's sad to see people go away, I just hope we'll never be abandoned by Aydee, Drumsword, Karl or even Bernhard... that would be sad.

The offending thread was titled: "Lighten up on pro drummers guys"

That's what he said. You could have searched it yourself.

Well, I can only guess what's in the asterisks, but even so, does one calling out justify banning someone? Or did he really just get warned and leave? Because, not just me, but he helped SO MANY PEOPLE out, that it's simply unfair to the Drummerworld community to have him go.

Well, I can only guess what's in the asterisks, but even so, does one calling out justify banning someone? Or did he really just get warned and leave? Because, not just me, but he helped SO MANY PEOPLE out, that it's simply unfair to the Drummerworld community to have him go.

It's sad, sure, I liked him. I wanted to see that kit with a double kick...
It could be that he just served his time in Iraq, the Army can do funny things to people. He could have just been a little... post serving anger or something.

I don't know, I think the mods were right on this one. He and I got along alright at first...and then he made a few remarks to me that came across as very arrogant and childish.

He was posting often enough here that I was visiting less and less. I don't like to say bad things about others, but I am personally happy he's no longer here.

It wasn't just one incident. It was many with what looked to be no end in sight. I think it's important for people to remember that a disagreement over opinions doesn't need to devolve to personal attacks.

It's sad, sure, I liked him. I wanted to see that kit with a double kick...
It could be that he just served his time in Iraq, the Army can do funny things to people. He could have just been a little... post serving anger or something.

Very good point. I never thought about that...but he seemed (at least to me) to follow the rules pretty well. I don't know, though...

I don't know, I think the mods were right on this one. He and I got along alright at first...and then he made a few remarks to me that came across as very arrogant and childish.

He was posting often enough here that I was visiting less and less. I don't like to say bad things about others, but I am personally happy he's no longer here.

I see what you're saying, he said some bad things, and it'd be one thing if he was just being annoying all the time and asking stupid questions, but no. He was a valuable, reliable source of information. And on a forum with a relatively small amount of consistently active users, that kind of person is a limited resource.

I am as curious as you are 805, but I don't think it's going to be much use. It's sad to see people go away, I just hope we'll never be abandoned by Aydee, Drumsword, Karl or even Bernhard... that would be sad.

Or DMC, or MFB, or Gruntersdad...

Back