Demon Drive Footboard as long as Axis Longboard Footboard?

Mark89

I'm looking forward to buy a new Doublebasspedal (Longboard).

My choice would be Axis AL-2 (Classic Black), or Trick Pro-V1 Big Foot, or Pearl Demon Drive.

As a "Pearl-Fan" i tend to the Demon Drive, but i think that they have a shorter footboard than the other one. The reason is that the footboard (Axis and Trick) ends above the end of the Pedal-baseplattform and the footboard is higher placed.

149877.jpg

The Demon drive (in the Longboard-Modus) still have the footboard placed in the traditionalstyle and the footboard seems to be shorter. I don't think that this Pedal is 2 inches longer than a normal Pedal- Axis probably is 2 inches longer.

i00.jpg

So my question is, if the Demon Drive footboard is shorter than the Axis/Trick footboard?
Wich Pedal has the longest Footboard?

Hope that someone understands the question. Hard to explain what i want to know

Grüße from Austria

Last edited:
Im pretty sure the axis has the longest foot board. But, if i were you i would go with the demon drive. If any parts break on it, you can order virtually any one of em off of the pearl website with no hassle. Axis and trick are smaller companies that prolly don't show as much customer support as pearl does. My second choice would be the trick because its made of super high grade alluminum, which can withstand 12,000lbs per square inch. Those pedals will last you forever, while the demon drive will last 10 years maybe? but by then they will have something cooler im sure ;)

Axis does have the longer footboard, also look at the two designs the axis is a heel less pedal where the DD has a heel plate. Something to consider depending on your playing style.

Im pretty sure the axis has the longest foot board. But, if i were you i would go with the demon drive. If any parts break on it, you can order virtually any one of em off of the pearl website with no hassle. Axis and trick are smaller companies that prolly don't show as much customer support as pearl does. My second choice would be the trick because its made of super high grade alluminum, which can withstand 12,000lbs per square inch. Those pedals will last you forever, while the demon drive will last 10 years maybe? but by then they will have something cooler im sure ;)

With my experience with Trick pedals, their customer service is wonderful. While I didn't need a replacement part, they respond emails in lightning time. I'm sure they would be quick in helping you get a replacement part, too.

I own the Trick Pro 1-V Big Foot double pedal, and the footboard is LONG. Not sure how it compares with the Axis, though.

The idea of these "super pedals" are all the same. They are all amazing pedals. The only reason I went with the Trick was because at the time the Demon Drive didn't exist and it was flashier than the Axis (there's something about the Axis' look that always put me off... I know it's ridiculous but I thought it looked "blocky" and therefore unreliable). At the the time it was mindless reasoning but I'm happy with my choice. This pedal truly will last me a long time.

So, Trick is my biased suggestion. :)

With my experience with Trick pedals, their customer service is wonderful. While I didn't need a replacement part, they respond emails in lightning time. I'm sure they would be quick in helping you get a replacement part, too.

I own the Trick Pro 1-V Big Foot double pedal, and the footboard is LONG. Not sure how it compares with the Axis, though.

The idea of these "super pedals" are all the same. They are all amazing pedals. The only reason I went with the Trick was because at the time the Demon Drive didn't exist and it was flashier than the Axis (there's something about the Axis' look that always put me off... I know it's ridiculous but I thought it looked "blocky" and therefore unreliable). At the the time it was mindless reasoning but I'm happy with my choice. This pedal truly will last me a long time.

So, Trick is my biased suggestion. :)

Yep traditionally smaller companies have better customer service than the larger ones. For them word of mouth is the biggest advertising and you can guarantee if someone gets poor customer service it will be all over mutliple drum forums. Likewise a person gets good service hopefully they will do the same. I wouldn't be concerned with customer service from Trick or Axis.

I do find it interesting that the second post recommends the demon drive then trick when the person doesn't own either and has a post asking if they should get the demon drive or trick.

I don't own either pedal but apparently there are problems with the Demon Drives. There has been complaints reported on the Pearl Drummer forums. This concerns the double pedal version. You can see what people are experiencing here and here. I've seen more and more of this coming up on the Net. Apparently the pedal flexes under the strain of the stroke and makes the main side rub against the slave side. Not to diss on the pedal at all, but it seems something to be aware of. Pearl said they would be looking into this.

Axis and trick are smaller companies that prolly don't show as much customer support as pearl does.

AXIS btw has an 800 phone # for parts. They go out of their way to get you what you need, from base plate rubbers (the hoop rests on) to any part on the pedal, they got it, or will make it for you, in real time, not email time.

Standard pedal board-10" longboard-12" is the industry standard.

The DD pictured in post #1 is in short-board mode.

Longboard mode pictured below

Last edited:
Axis and trick are smaller companies that prolly don't show as much customer support as pearl does.

Because you own an Axis pedal that required you to call their customer support. And then subsequently owned a Trick, that also needed you to call their customer suppport. AND let me guess...you know someone that owns a Pear DD and T-H-A-T pedal also needed a call customer support....

Back