Photoshop help ... could you please?

Whats up people?

I have an 8pc RMV natural satin kit with black hardware that is due for an upgrade on the heads. Still using the stock two-ply batters on the toms and an Evans Emad on the kick reso (not liking it much). I have been seriously considering going with all white coated heads (top and bottom) but I am having a hard time envisioning it in my head. With the black hardware I am worried the contrast might be a little too much ... then again, it might just look really good too. Can anyone with photoshop experience help me out here? Here are two pics to mess with. Thanks a lot.

DDRUM006-1.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

Those are beautiful drums! Keep in mind the all white heads will sound a lot different. I'm not sure I would put coated ambassadors or whathaveyou on the resonant side but there are probably a lot of opinions on the subject. If no one else photoshops this by the time I get around to it later tonight I might give it a crack.

Here you go, do me a favor, copy the pics and repost so I can delete them from my server please.

DDRUM006-1.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

Hey ... thanks a lot my friend. First glance I have to say ... I don't like it much. I'm really glad I asked for help on this. I will repost here so you can delete from your server. Thanks again !!!! All opinions welcome.

IMG_2849-1.jpg

DDRUM006-1-1.jpg

Try some REmo Fiberskyns on the top. They are off-white and won't look so bright as what Mandelbaum has so generously done. And they will give about the same sound as Evans G2 on the toms. And you can put Evans G1 clear on the bottom and be set to go.

In real life the normal coated heads won't be as bright as in the picture, I think it'll look good. Fyberskins look wonderful but I am not sure how well it will complement the yellow of your set.

I had evens G2 coated on my dark purple with black hardware DW kit and it looked great.

They are all I use on my kits,

Am the others are correct, that is brighter then they will look.

At the end of the day it is all about sound, If you want a low, worm controlled punchy sound then you are going to want coated heads,

Coated heads aren't really a good idea on the bottom, you'll really just mute the sound too much. Plus in terms of looks, they're not gonna get marked or anything so it really doesn't matter.

You know, call me a radical or something, but isn't the sound you want considerably more important than the aesthetics? Isn't the tone more important than a potential color clash between heads and hardware? It is a beautiful kit, it just sounds a little strange to me that you pick your heads based on look not sound.

Paul

Oh no doubt sound quality is important. Quite honestly though, I don't hear a huge difference between Evans G2 clear and coated heads. It's pretty subtle and my shells have so much attack to them a coated head isn't going to take much away from that. pretty sure I am not going to use coated resos. I think I actually like the stock RMV clear single ply resos to be honest. Someone on the Pear forum did a kick ass job of photo shop with white Evans and Remo Black Suedes for me. I think I still like the clears anyway.

I appreciate the help and comments

Back