Aquarian Texture Coated tears easy?

TipsusMagnus

A couple of my friends said that they used Aquarian Texture Coated heads on their snares, and they tore on the edges a lot quicker than when they used Remo Coated Ambassadors--and they didn't tear too many Ambassadors to begin with.

I have Texture Coated on my snare drum right now, and they're great, I love them! But should I be worried about their durability? Or was this maybe just a defective batch of heads (they all got theirs from the same dealer at around the same time)?

No, you shouldn't worry. In thirty-seven years of playing I've never had a batter head of any brand tear at the edge.

Play what you like and don't worry about it. I daresay if your friends actually had this experience, it involved factors other than the heads. .02

No, you shouldn't worry. In thirty-seven years of playing I've never had a batter head of any brand tear at the edge.

Play what you like and don't worry about it. I daresay if your friends actually had this experience, it involved factors other than the heads. .02

Agreed. I had a texture coated that lasted me a year of bad technique when I started drumset, they are good heads. They will last you with good technique.

I've used that head on and off since 1994.

Only once did it tear in that manner.

Aquarian customer service is pretty good about replacing heads if you can show it was defective.

Back