Snare Head

CocoV

I've been driving my indecisive-self crazy over this, so hopefully someone has some input!
I just purchased Black Suede Emperor's for my toms. Still need to make a purchase for my snare and I have a few idea's in my head but can't settle on one.
One of my floor toms is the same size as my snare, so I was even thinking of taking that tom out of my set up and just having the Black Suede's on the snare and remaining two toms on my Tama Superstar HyperDrive.
Thanks for reading this far, any input and thoughts are incredibly appreciated!

What sound do you want? The most general purpose snare head is probably a Coated Ambassador/Texture Coated/Coated G1. There are a lot of other options, obviously. An Aquarian Texture Coated w/ Power Dot or Coated Super-2, Remo X14, Coated Controlled Sound, or Vintage A, or Evans Power Center Reverse Dot or G14 will handle most anything you throw at them.

I would not recommend taking a tom out of the line-up for that reason, unless you don't like it. I don't know what sound you are looking for but you might try Aquarian Hi-Velocity.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. Was recommended the Evans HD Genera Dry, might give it a try but was kind of wanting to stick with Remo. Too many choices out there! Which is of course a great thing.

There isn't another head like the Evans HD Dry out there. Great, crisp sound with short sustain. A very durable option as well. Cheers!

I like the drys when I've got excessive ring on a snare that I want to dampen down. But I'm really starting to like at least some ring from my snares.

A Evans G14 or Remo X14 can cover just about all bases in my opinion!

I like the drys when I've got excessive ring on a snare that I want to dampen down. But I'm really starting to like at least some ring from my snares.

Me too. That is why I like the Evans EC Reverse Dot snare batter head. It rings for about half a second. Peace and goodwill.

Back