new Drum Workshop Direct Drive pedal @ NAMM 2014

Looks fine to me. I don't think the holes in the pedal are there for any particular look, they are more than likely to reduce the weight of the pedal board.

They look like the PDP Concept series pedals... Are those really the new top of line DW pedal?

About time DW got into the direct drive game. I wonder how much those things cost. And more importantly, how they play. The drive shaft seems reminiscent of the one on the Mapex Falcon.

I tried it today, and while I usually can't get top-of-the-line pedals to move quickly (too much mass), I found a wide bounce/flutter point on it and was wailing away.

Just another direct drive pedal to join the ranks.

I have a 9002, the qualities good but they missed one thing. The beaters don't hit the head equally, it's pretty obvious to me when I hear my playing through the camera mic, things sound lopsided. Not when I mic the front head with my d6, but still, mapex were able to address this with the falcon pedal.

The sidepost thingies look cool without the black crinkle paint/powder coat the other dw pedals have.

I don't get what you mean Dre. On the 9002 the beaters are offset from the center of the footboard. The other hit equally off center on the bass drum just like the falcon. My Axis pedals are the only ones I have that the main pedal hits dead center and the slave hits off center.

I could never get on with DW pedals, I have owned DW 5000 A and turbo and 9000 and they all just feel to unwieldy and heavy to me. I much prefer my Axis X Longboard and Sonor Perfect Balance pedals.

Whatever price it is, there will be buyers for it. It's says "DW" on it for goodness sakes. That alone will make everyone question why they're playing what they playing now. Don't be left out in the cold! Time for a new $1000 double pedal set! You won't be able to live without this one too! Save your pennies!

I think they are pushing it. All of that machinery could very well have been put into a regular 9000 pedal frame. Seems like they are trying too hard to be different with this.

Knowing the price of the shaft alone, I would put the price between 800-900 bucks. A grand would be absurd.

Looks like it was made out of Erector Set parts.

erectorplane.jpg

I will stick to my Trick pedal thankyouverymuch.

I don't get what you mean Dre. On the 9002 the beaters are offset from the center of the footboard. The other hit equally off center on the bass drum just like the falcon. My Axis pedals are the only ones I have that the main pedal hits dead center and the slave hits off center.

Interesting thing that you don't notice it with yours. I wonder if you play a wide open kick? Maybe I notice it more because I muffle my kick and that makes it more obvious.

Really? A full grand for a set of double pedals? That sounds ridiculously high but who knows?

The 9000's are that much here in Aus.... :-/

Someone said the release price for us was going to be over 2k, approaching 3. Though, I'm not sure if that's true.

I would like to try it out.

But I have no interest at all in buying it. Even if it were to come in at less than the price of the current 9002.

Back