FireWire Interface with 8 inputs?

J

joshhlegg

Hi everyone,

I am looking to start recording my drums soonish, and I need a firewire audio interface with at least 8 mic inputs. At the moment I am leaning towards a Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, but that's just because I don't really know any other audio interfaces. Can anyone who owns this interface give me some feedback on it? And are there any other nice recording devices that are under $1000?

thanks

MOTU (Mark of the Unicorn) makes pro gear at decent prices, the 828 (one version or another) is quite popular with 8 ins & outs, FW, usb, midi, digital, optical, everything. New price is maybe US$700, but used is a good option from a reliable seller.

Bermuda

MOTU (Mark of the Unicorn) makes pro gear at decent prices, the 828 (one version or another) is quite popular with 8 ins & outs, FW, usb, midi, digital, optical, everything. New price is maybe US$700, but used is a good option from a reliable seller.

Bermuda

Focusrite make good gear but MOTU (such a cool acronym) make seriously good gear. Bermuda's judgement is right.

I'm using a Presonus 26x26 Firestudio.................does the job and I picked it up for $300

Bermuda, thanks for the suggestion but the MOTU 828 only has 2 mic inputs and the 896 is just a bit too expensive for me.

I'm using a Presonus 26x26 Firestudio.................does the job and I picked it up for $300

On the PreSonus website I can only find a Firestudio Project 10x10, there is no 26x26. Are they similar and would you recommend PreSonus? Pros and cons?

Thanks!

On the PreSonus website I can only find a Firestudio Project 10x10, there is no 26x26. Are they similar and would you recommend PreSonus? Pros and cons?

Thanks!

I think the firestudio 26x26 has been discontinued. I've read that the focusrite and MOTU have better reputations, but prsonus is pretty solid for the money IMO.

I am, by no means, an expert when it comes to this stuff, so take my advice with a grain of salt. I've only had a few issues with the firestudio................but were easily corrected.

I'd google and read as much as you can.

Good luck

+1 on the Tascam....worked fine for me.

F

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

But I have a found a Motu interface that is just right for me that has 8Pres. Thanks Bermuda for letting me know about the brand.

Back