R.I.P. stevee jobs

jakester

steve jobs passed away today he was the co founder of apple and he changed the music industry feel free to post your memory's of him

Steve was a truly great man that helped to bring great change to the world.
What a productive and interesting life he had.
Rest in peace Steve.
I couldn't imagine not using the products that Apple brought forth.
My MacBook changed my life. It was the first computer that I owned that I could actually work because the software is user friendly. I also took lessons at the Apple store.
Steve's company is all about customer service that others can't come close to matching.
Thanks Steve.

A great life and certainly an innovator. Steve Jobs 1955-2011

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-05 at 9.35.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-05 at 9.35.00 PM.png
    169 KB · Views: 291
Rest in peace.
Don't know what I'd do without my MacBook Pro and iPhone.

I just changed my computer to a Mac a few weeks ago. Customer service is on a different level to other systems out there. That must say much about the man. Such a short life, but wow, what a legacy.

RIP Steve.

My girlfriend called me at 0650 this morning to tell me.

I'm not surprised, but it is a little sad. Some of Steve Job's concepts of software design have been years ahead of others. Take NeXTStep for instance. A system designed in the mid-late 1980's that almost looks like a modern OS and certainly functions like one. Not forgetting that it was also a Jobs-designed NeXT machine that acted as the first ever web server.

Even with just that as part of his legacy, there would be plenty there to reminisce but it's also remarkable how he essentially single-handedly turned Apple from an 'also-ran' on the verge of bankruptcy to the World's biggest technology firm in just over ten years. Singular and esoteric, apparently very difficult to work with but with a vision and determination.

Thanks Steve for all the Apple/Mac products, and influence on the world's technology, but also for your Disney/Pixar work. The anti-Mac/idevice people can't fault you for that.

Steve was a good apple, that guy

I bought a Macintosh computer in 1988. Even though it only had a 9" black and white monitor, it was way ahead of the competition. But it also cost $2500 back then.

Back