Gretsch New Classic

eirikhw

I finally made took some photos of my new kit. It's a Gretsch New Classic in Natural Satin finish.
The sizes of the drums are 22x18, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16 and 14x6,5.
The cymbals are Sabian HHX and AAX.

Enjoy!

DSCN5485.jpg

DSCN5458.jpg

DSCN5447.jpg

DSCN5460.jpg

DSCN5441.jpg

I am speechless....its that beautiful. That is a virgin kick, right? How do you like your drums, or is that a stupid question?

That's a beautifully subtle kit. I love the look of those HHX Hi-hats, how are they?

Gretsch keep on making great kits and each time I see a new Gretsch I keep wanting to own one. Luckily I quit my job so I can't afford them now!

I am speechless....its that beautiful. That is a virgin kick, right? How do you like your drums, or is that a stupid question?

Thanks! Yes, the kick is virgin.
How I like th drums? I tested them in the store some time before I bought them and was blown away. So much punch and resonance.
Now that I have moved them over at my practice space, they have gone a little out of tuning after being setup in the store. Haven't really fine-tuned them myself yet, but the overall sound is REALLY good allthough...
And oh, the look of the kit doesnt really bother me either.
Not a stupid question! :)

That's a beautifully subtle kit. I love the look of those HHX Hi-hats, how are they?

Gretsch keep on making great kits and each time I see a new Gretsch I keep wanting to own one. Luckily I quit my job so I can't afford them now!

They're the best sabian hats I've ever used! Great for rocknroll and funk. Even jazzier stuff too.

Love the kit!

I wish that finish was available in the USA... :(

So it isnt? That's what I also thought, after browsing the internet and not finding this finish.
I really dig the natural feel of it!

Absolutly beautiful. Rob (fourstringdrums) owns one aswell...god it`s just amazing.
I like the natural finish, would has a nice colour in my opinion.

Aaaand what is with your beautiful Premier kit now? That is a beauty aswell.

Karl

Wow... Why they haven't offered that finish in the U.S., I have no idea. There would definitely be a market for it.

Absolutly beautiful. Rob (fourstringdrums) owns one aswell...god it`s just amazing.
I like the natural finish, would has a nice colour in my opinion.

Aaaand what is with your beautiful Premier kit now? That is a beauty aswell.

Karl

Thanks :) I think I found my dream-kit. Won't need to buy new drums for a looong time.

The Premiers are doing fine, but are living in cases for the moment. I only have one set of hardware..

Wow! There's something very beautiful about this whole set-up that gives you a pleasant warm feeling inside! It could be the simplicity of the set-up or the delightfully soft sheen on the wood.

Congrats and thanks for posting such lovely images!

I could look at these pics for hours...

Whoa. I'm in love with your kit, it's simply put together perfectly. Really beautiful. I'm also in love with the cymbals; how is the Groove Ride? I like how I've heard it online and seriously considering buying one, but have yet to play one in person. I've heard it's versatile and also serves beautifully as a crash-- both good qualities to me.

Thats a pretty classy setup you have going there man. Ive never tried the "New Classics" but i really want to. Looks really solid to me. Great finish too.

Dææven steikje..
That is a beatiful kit:) I really love the new classic's.. I am condsidering to buy a new classic jazz kit:)

Given the option of a black head or a white head I would opt for black. The white would just wash the color of the drums out and look hideous.

Back