What does this mean? (Regarding DW Snare Stand)

JLoveDrums94

I've been looking for a great, and taller snare stand. So, I quickly turned to DW because I heard that they’re one of the best brands out there right now. Now, there's this guy who wants to sell me a DWCP3302, but he tells me that there are some differences in the stand that weren’t in the DW 3000 Standard Snare Stand.
He tells me (regarding the concert snare stand) that the “basket tilter” has been re-designed and DW isn’t putting the “sliding crossbar” adjustment on it (probably because the shifted weight made them tip over easily).
Now, what I’m asking, is how do these things change the way that the snare stand works and operates?

It really doesn't. You still put the snare in the stand and lock it down. That is all it is supposed to do, regardless of number of parts, adjustable sections, or who even makes the thing.

As long as it does what you need it to do, the rest should be irrelevant.

I've been looking for a great, and taller snare stand. So, I quickly turned to DW because I heard that they’re one of the best brands out there right now. Now, there's this guy who wants to sell me a DWCP3302, but he tells me that there are some differences in the stand that weren’t in the DW 3000 Standard Snare Stand.
He tells me (regarding the concert snare stand) that the “basket tilter” has been re-designed and DW isn’t putting the “sliding crossbar” adjustment on it (probably because the shifted weight made them tip over easily).
Now, what I’m asking, is how do these things change the way that the snare stand works and operates?

Assume its better... it is DW, they're not going to redesign something to be 'not as good' as its predecessor, or at least its a safe bet they're not. They test their stuff and they're very drummer conscious.

Probably: The sliding crossbar thing is cool/works and earned its place on a standard stand, they thought that could carryover to a concert stand, the realized later it really wasn't needed.

Crossbar adds weight too. If choosing I would opt for the newer design.

I looked up that DW stand number and it all comes up as a GIBRALTAR stand on every site. What gives??

The stand itself is fine, but the Black Plastic basket tightening thing is a pain to deal with IMO.
The sliding adjustment is cool for a using on a kit, but it is not necessary for standing up and playing, and a "standard" basket is more stable.

If you don't need a stand exclusively for this application, I'd just use a regular basket and tube, and put it into a regular cymbal stand base.
It's the same thing, and you aren't spending any extra money.

Back