Was anyone in the audience for Fred Armisen's Drummer's Only comedy show?

Odd-Arne Oseberg said:
you need an IQ below 80 to find this funny.

He was pretty clear that this is aimed at drummers as the audience.

Hahaha! That made me laugh.

I generally love Fred Armisen, I haven't seen this yet, just the trailers, looking forward to it. Comedy is about as subjective as it gets.

I don't really consider myself a drummer, so I hope my IQ doesn't ruin it for me.

My wife & daughter loved it and laughed hard. I chuckled a few times. It was a good scene, with a few cute quips aimed at drummers.

It’s obvious Armisen can play, too.

I don't really consider myself a drummer, so I hope my IQ doesn't ruin it for me.

Maybe you could find someone who is a drummer that you can watch it with.

That way you can explain all the jokes to him and he might actually find it funny. One has to wonder if all the people here who didn't find it funny should have just watched it with a mental superior, like a guitar player. It's also possible they'll find the jokes funny a few days after posting their response.

Maybe you could find someone who is a drummer that you can watch it with.

That way you can explain all the jokes to him and he might actually find it funny. One has to wonder if all the people here who didn't find it funny should have just watched it with a mental superior, like a guitar player. It's also possible they'll find the jokes funny a few days after posting their response.

You must be a drummer because there is no mentally superior other than the singer.

The thing I didn't like about the show is that it makes it difficult to pretend that making music is a difficult intellectual/artistic achievement.

;-)

I thought it started well but quickly became apparent that he was running out of drum related material.
What was with him rushing through the routine as well? It really didn't have enough material for him to do this. Then he dragged out the accents segment for far too long.

I did enjoy the bass drum pedal sketch.
I feel he could have done so much more with the 'drums through the ages' segment and was disappointed at how quickly he rushed between the kits.

The biggest disappointment of this show was him having Thomas Lang on stage and getting him to play such a tame drum beat! CRIMINAL!

3/10

I thought it was terrific. Lots of folks complaining here, probably all the jazz guys lol. It was a rough night for jazz. Seeing how long it took people to check out of listening to jazz was pretty harsh, and funny. Some of you guys could work on that sense of humor a little.

I think Fred could work on that sense of humor a little.

:)

yea, I didn't think it was very funny. I don't really care for that brand of awkward humor, never got into his show Portlandia for the same reason.

I did like the bit with all the different kits, that could have been a whole segment with a backing band, I would have loved to watch more of that.

Wow... So I was just having coffee before work in downtown Oakland, and I look up from my paper only to recognize none other than Fred Armisen having coffee directly across from me.

I've been binge watching the latest Portlandia with the lady in the evenings the last few nights so it was sort of surreal.

I had to look up on my phone to be sure, but he is in fact in town and I'm sure it was him. Get this, he's playing the drums for DEVO! Somehow I hadn't heard about this.

Weird small world sometimes. I was determined to let him have his coffee in peace since it seemed only I and the gal taking his order recognized him. We both kept it to some very knowing smirks exchanged with Mr Armisen. Seemed like the respectful thing to do.

Back