What's your latest purchase?

That kick isn't a 24, is it?

Yes it is, and also a 15" by 12" baritone snare ,you can really push with this kit. i'm using 2 16" 602 paper thin crashes as hi hats as well , they work really nicely. got a bit of chocolate a vanilla going on as well.

Attachments

• IMG_7093.JPG
    IMG_7093.JPG
    281.9 KB · Views: 489
Last edited by a moderator:
This beauty arrived today. 1.5 mm hand-hammered shell and she sounds out of this world good. Brass flanged hoops so I’m hoping they don’t tarnish like typical gold hardware.

Attachments

• 87E4A28C-B0E9-486E-B84E-579A5051ABB1.jpeg
    87E4A28C-B0E9-486E-B84E-579A5051ABB1.jpeg
    286.2 KB · Views: 347
My Sabian HHX evolution 16 inch crash should arrive today. I am completely overhauling my cymbal set up to Sabian. So far I have purchased in the last couple of months a special order 22 inch groove ride, 14 inch click hats, 18 inch hhx evolution crash. All brilliant except click hats (I prefer sound of traditional on these particular hats). Up next is a 17 inch HHX Evolution crash, 10 inch paragon splash, 20 inch paragon china and a 22 inch HHX Omni ride. After I purchase all those, I'll be set for cymbals for many years (possibly forever). Then I'll be thinking about new drums :)

Ordered but not arrived yet! No idea how it will sound but if it sounds lame it would still look fantastic mounted on the wall!

Attachments

• ts hi hat.png
    ts hi hat.png
    466.2 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
Second hand clamps to convert my 14x12 Signia tom into a floor tom. Big advantage here , since I don't need to drill the shell, all the tom / legs mounts are suspended on the Premier Signia. Formerly the 14 and the 16" were on a double tom stand. I've already converted the 16", thank to Dancin Crow, met on this forum.

6.5x14 solid shell Cherry.
Bought the shell from Drum Foundry and they added the edges, beds and finish. Their work is flawless and the equal of any I have seen.
Precision Drum drilled it and I added ten Beavertail lugs, Taye throw and butt plate, 2.3mm hoops, Ludwig wires and snare side and a coated Ambassador batter. The Taye throw is a simple drop-style design, much like the Noble and Cooley version.
The drum sounds superb and is a nice addition to the family.

Attachments

• my 6.5x14 ss cherry 3a.jpg
    my 6.5x14 ss cherry 3a.jpg
    673.9 KB · Views: 333
  • my 6.5x14 ss cherry c copy.jpg
    my 6.5x14 ss cherry c copy.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 331
  • my 6.5x14 ss cherry  4.jpg
    my 6.5x14 ss cherry 4.jpg
    632 KB · Views: 343
  • my 6.5x14 ss cherry  2.jpg
    my 6.5x14 ss cherry 2.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 342
  • my 6.5x14 ss cherry  copy.jpg
    my 6.5x14 ss cherry copy.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 332
Jbonzo :beautiful shell !

The Tongxiang laser etched Hi Hats just arrived - looks more like a piece of art than an instrument! I have them wall mounted at the mo. (see last two videos on www.changfan.site)

Cheers!

Attachments

• Ts sm.jpg
    Ts sm.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 245
  • TXMZ7.jpg
    TXMZ7.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 246
Ludwig Standard Maple snare drum.
Aged Chestnut, Alpi engineered wood finish.
6.5x14, 2.3mm hoops, P88 strainer, P32 butt, Ludwig/Remo heads, new 5 ply all maple shell. The shell was a surprise, I thought they were using the 7 ply Classic Maple shell but this is a new shell with a Standard Maple paper label.
The sound is all Ludwig... Crisp, sensitive and a wide tuning range. Very nice.

Attachments

• my 6.5x14 Ludwig Standard Maple Chestnut.jpg
    my 6.5x14 Ludwig Standard Maple Chestnut.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 616
I've got a Roc-N-Soc Lunar throne, which I love, but it's a pain to transport to gigs because the base doesn't collapse. I've had some very good experiences with the Gibraltar 96082T throne - my church and my bass player both own one - so I pulled the trigger after finding one for just over $100 on sale. Arrives tomorrow, in time for the busy summer playing schedule.

k1zvjoyvjsu3bqc5aoj6.jpg

Here ya go, Grunt...

Attachments

• my 6.5x14 Ludwig Standard Maple Chestnut 2.jpg
    my 6.5x14 Ludwig Standard Maple Chestnut 2.jpg
    841.6 KB · Views: 614
  • my 6.5x14 Ludwig Standard Maple Chestnut 3.jpg
    my 6.5x14 Ludwig Standard Maple Chestnut 3.jpg
    793.9 KB · Views: 620
  • my 6.5x14 Ludwig Standard Maple Chestnut 4.jpg
    my 6.5x14 Ludwig Standard Maple Chestnut 4.jpg
    956.1 KB · Views: 615
Thanks. I don't know that I have seen that one.

Probably my next snare will be one of those, or one of the oak hybrids. $300 or less out the door, and 8x14 in the mix... what a bargain. Pearl's Modern Utility, same thing. What a great time to be a drummer with all this quality gear coming out at lower price points.

I picked up two kits at the Chicago Vintage Drum Show and swapped an e-kit and cash for another kit. Details are below :

Kits picked up at the Chicago Vintage Drum Show are :

Slingerland 80N Buddy Rich model drum set in mahogany finish. 22/13/16/16 with matching Buddy Rich TDR snare. This has been a bucket list kit for me , so I was thrilled when the first booth I entered had this kit sitting there for sale at a killer deal.

Ludwig Legacy Classic Prototype kit originally owned by Bun E Carlos - first Legacy Classic kit with a Birdseye Maple Veneer all sells signed inside by Bun E - red to natural to red gloss lacquer finish - sizes 24/12/16 - and guess what ? It is for sale !!! PM me if interested.

I swapped my Yamaha e Kit for the following :
Whitney Nesting Penguin kit - came with the Quickstand, and all the mounting hardware, cymbal arms and heavyweight Ahead Armour bag. All the drums nest in one bag. Sizes 18/10/14 - Dark Walnut stain. This kit is also for sale if anyone is interested. PM for details and Pics.

Back