Stick control vs samba foot

Another cool thing is to play a spang-a-lang Jazz ride while you play the SC lessons with your snare and bass pedal.
I can do the first few pages this way.

sorry but i don't like it. it sounds horrible.

i think you'd be better spending your practise time doing something a bit more musical. maybe show us a video of an actual samba :)

i guess i'm probably opening myself up for some abuse now.

i think you'd be better spending your practise time doing something a bit more musical. maybe show us a video of an actual samba :)

The exercise is geared more toward playing things that aren't normally played.
Thinking outside of the box so to speak.
You can then take bits and pieces of the SC Samba lesson and apply them to grooves and fills.
The same goes for playing a Jazz ride while playing SC drills.

I used to practise things like that but I don't bother anymore. Its a very clinical approach to playing the drums.

I'd rather spend all my practise time trying to play things that sound good. If you practise these sorts of things then you'll just get good at playing robotic patterns. I'd rather go the Steve Jordan route than the Lang route.

i think you'd be better spending your practise time doing something a bit more musical.

You're welcome man, no problem, every comment is good for me to improve, I think I quite agree with you about this one, my way is to use techniques and concepts but always to serve music, sometimes it does not but it also depends on tastes of each... ! I' d be glad if you could watch this one and tell me what you think again... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oK0...SQ8dWkM&lch=email&feature=em-comment_received
Cheers

Last edited:
Back