Christmas purchase of a Double Bass Pedal.

Finaer

Hello people!

Long time no post (three years)!

It is good to be back : )

I have my Ludwig Accent CS Combo set for about five years and I have finally worn out the original pedal and hi-hat stand. I have been looking to upgrade to a double-pedal for a while now but I am new to the pedal market and I would appreciate some advice. I prefer a springy and responsive pedal with a light touch, preferably for double-bassing ther occasional 16th.. My band is a piano-led funk group with some more mellow material. We experiment with a lot of percussion noises but play the occasional thumping number. We are entering the recording studio in March and I require an upgrade. My budget is about £100 or $120.

I would just appreciate some sound advice and feedback on reputable and dependable models please. Would it better to order before Christmas or wait until sales begin after the New Year?

Many Thanks

Finaer

First off, welcome back!

My math brings your budget to about 150 of our colonial dollars =) In which case you could pick any of several intermediate models such as the Pearl 902, the PDP 502, or even the DW 2002. They are going to be lighter models, and the DW is going to be a single chain model. I own the predecessor to the Pearl 902, and it's a quick, light pedal that is still fairly responsive after 15 years of play.

I have the Pearl P902 also, which is showing online at 150USD and is great value IMO. Might not be the trickest double pedal out there (that might be why it's such good value) but neither is my double-kick playing! It is however slick, solid, adjustable, and after 2 years still as good as the day I bought it. Worth a look.

Back