INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name? Mathew Ham (Feel free to make jokes)
Age? 21
How long have you been playing? 6 years
Origin of user name? Old nickname from school
Your top 5 drummers? Dale Crover, Coady Willis, Dave Grohl, John Bonham, Taylor Hawkins
Make of drumkit? Tama Superstar 12, 16, 18, 24 & Gretsch 14x8 Hammered Brass Snare
Make of cymbal? Zildjian: 15" K light hats, 19" K Hybrid crash, 22" K Light ride, 24" ZHT Rarities ride, 8" K splash, 14" ZXT china
Where do you practice? In my guitarist's garage
Are you in a band? Yep: Heavy on the Ride
Do you play covers or originals? Originals
What style of music? Experimental, Hard Rock, Alternative, Stoner, Sludge, etc. >>> http://soundcloud.com/heavyontheride
Favourite take out food? KFC!!!
What country do you live in? Wales, UK
One really odd fact about yourself? Apparently I'm related to Pete Ham (Badfinger) But I've still yet to find out if this is true or not lol. I dunno if thats an odd fact? The only other thing I could think of was that I never played the bass drum for the 1st 4 months I had a kit..
How did you start drumming? I was told to go to the hall in a school and help move stuff. I saw a drum kit, started playing it and got caught. They headteacher of the school got annoyed and told my parents. My parents bought me a kit... Coolest parents ever!

Last edited:
Jumping in at last

Well, I've been a lurker on this forum for quite a while, and decided to take the plunge and actually start getting involved.

Some on here know me, but for those who don't, I'm English, mid 40's, been playing for over 30 years, gigged in a few places around the World, and lived in the USA for a time (But I'm now back home in the UK until something else comes along) and I still get as much fun out of drumming now as I did when I started in 1979.

So, please be gentle.... ;-)

Re: Introducing myself

Welcome to the forum!

How bout a little more information? What kind of music do you play, how long have you been playing, pics of the kit.....

Re: Introducing myself

Welcome and yes, drum photos please. I'm curious to see what a drummer from Russia plays :)

Larry

p.s. Evgeni Malkin, our Penguins hockey hero, was superb for Team Russia the past week or two...

hi guys

hello guys, my name is federico Capodiferro.I'm an Italian boy and I am new to the forum.My dream is to became a great drummer,and i hope to learn many things in this forum :)
p.s. sorry for my bad english

Re: hi guys

Hola Federico!

Welcome to the brotherhood. This is a great and great people.

Cheers,

Ian

Hello there! My name is Bryan and I'm from just about the dead center of Georgia. I've been playing drums on again off again for about 22 years (6th grade), although I do have a pic that I'll have to scrounge up of me beating on a kit when I was about 2 or 3. Here's a pic of the love of my life:

picture.php

Hi ^_^

Real name? Miguel Quiroz
Age? 27
How long have you been playing? 10 years
Origin of user name? Old nickname from school
Your top 5 drummers? John Bonham, Ringo Starr, Keith Moon, Mike Portnoy, Yoshiki Hayashi
Make of drumkit? Evolution (I'm poor), and Alesis DM6
Make of cymbal? Sabian
Where do you practice? At home with my Alesis DM6 and with my band I use my drum kit Evolution
Are you in a band? Yes, "Zivel" (you can find us in Reverbnation)
Do you play covers or originals? Originals
What style of music? Rock along with Ska, Reggae, Ska, Blues, Bossa and more
Favourite take out food? Tacos al Pastor (The originals from Mexico City)
What country do you live in? Mexico :p
One really odd fact about yourself? I was raised on Rock & Roll, pure and simple. It's not about the clothes, the fans, or even the money... I'ts about the music,, man! It's also about the thrill or playing live with your friends, it doesn't matter where. My band "Zivel" aims to do just that. Play out, and loud, play forever!.

Hello, I'm Derek from Rockland, ME.
I'm 33, been playing for 16 years, and my main gig right now is a local open mic night. Think rods/brushes etc. for mostly acoustic guitars

My drums: Mapex Pro M 5-piece rock kit maple/basswood/maple 12', 13', 16' 22' kick 14' Pearl Brass Sensitone Snare 10 lug ( I also have the matching wood snare that came with the kit 14' eight lug that I sometimes use for a mellower sound.)

Cymbals: Zildjian A customs 16' Crash, 18' Fast crash, 13' Hit Hats, A series 21' Sweet Ride (for lighter stuff/acoustic) Z Custom 20' Power Ride (For rock, blues. etc.) 16' Oriental China

Sticks: Zildjian 5A, Vic Firth Maple 5A, Vater Whips and Stick Whips (drumstick/whip), Vic Firth Rutes and Jazz Rake brushes

My drum heros: Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins of the Foo Fighters, Stewart Copeland (The Police), Chad Sexton of 311, Ringo, Charlie Watts, Bonham, Jaime Oldaker With Eric Clapton Stan Lynch (TP + Heartbreakers), Steve Ferrone, Abe Laboriel Jr., Tyler Stewart With BNL, Don Henley of the Eagles (such taste and great timekeeping!) Phil Rudd of AC/Dc, Joey Kramer, Chad Gracey (Formerly with Live) Steve Gadd, Max Weinberg (Springsteen), Hal Blaine, Bily Ward, Chad Smith (great drummer, great guy! Now a R&R Hall of Famer!), Matt Cameron, Jack Irons, Steve Jordan, Chris Layton, Zoro, and many many others!

Cheers, guys!

Hello, I'm Derek from Rockland, ME.
I'm 33, been playing for 16 years, and my main gig right now is a local open mic night. Think rods/brushes etc. for mostly acoustic guitars

My drums: Mapex Pro M 5-piece rock kit maple/basswood/maple 12', 13', 16' 22' kick 14' Pearl Brass Sensitone Snare 10 lug ( I also have the matching wood snare that came with the kit 14' eight lug that I sometimes use for a mellower sound.)

Cymbals: Zildjian A customs 16' Crash, 18' Fast crash, 13' Hit Hats, A series 21' Sweet Ride (for lighter stuff/acoustic) Z Custom 20' Power Ride (For rock, blues. etc.) 16' Oriental China

Sticks: Zildjian 5A, Vic Firth Maple 5A, Vater Whips and Stick Whips (drumstick/whip), Vic Firth Rutes and Jazz Rake brushes

My drum heros: Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins of the Foo Fighters, Stewart Copeland (The Police), Chad Sexton of 311, Ringo, Charlie Watts, Bonham, Jaime Oldaker With Eric Clapton Stan Lynch (TP + Heartbreakers), Steve Ferrone, Abe Laboriel Jr., Tyler Stewart With BNL, Don Henley of the Eagles (such taste and great timekeeping!) Phil Rudd of AC/Dc, Joey Kramer, Chad Gracey (Formerly with Live) Steve Gadd, Max Weinberg (Springsteen), Hal Blaine, Bily Ward, Chad Smith (great drummer, great guy! Now a R&R Hall of Famer!), Matt Cameron, Jack Irons, Steve Jordan, Chris Layton, Zoro, and many many others!

Cheers, guys!

Real name - Mitch
Age - Late 40s - How 'bout that?
How long have you been playing - My whole life - 7 years on a kit, however.
Origin of user name - Irish
Your top 5 drummers - Bonham, Paice, Peart, Mitchell
Make of drum kit - Gretsch Catalina Maple: Bass-22", Toms-8, 10, 12, 16, Snare-14 . . . Yamaha DTXpress III
Make of cymbal - Sabian - 14" High-hats, 20" Medium Ride, 14", 16" & 18" Med. Crash, 10" Splash . . . Yamaha
Where do you practice - Home
Are you in a band - No
Do you play covers or originals - Both
What style of music - Rock, Classic Rock, Country, Funk
Favourite take out food - Tacos, Pizza
What country do you live in - New Mexico, USA
One really odd fact about yourself - Of all my body parts, not everything came in a pair. =)
How did you start drumming - Just beating out rhythms on what ever I could find.

Last edited:
Hola, ¿soy el único de México?

Que onda, aqui Large reportándose desde México Distrito Federal jeje

¿soy el único baterista de México que anda por éstos lugares? :p

Greetings,

I'm a 37 year old drummer from Memphis, TN. I played professionally for 7 years before going to graduate school. After some serious life changes, I'm back into playing and have joined the best band in all my 20 years of music. Though most of my playing in the past fell under the 'whatever pays the bills' category--in my case this meant a good deal of theatre work and wedding dates--my heart was in good, solid songwriting; likewise, I really obsessed over the guys who I thought did it best, especially Andy Newmark and Jim Keltner. This shows even in my gear: I play a '79 Yamaha 9000 series kit (Newmark) and Paiste Traditionals (Keltner). I look forward to getting involved in this online drumming community!

Attachments

• Attempt1.jpg
    Attempt1.jpg
    911.3 KB · Views: 588
  • Attempt2.jpg
    Attempt2.jpg
    456.3 KB · Views: 1,199
  • Attempt3.jpg
    Attempt3.jpg
    558.6 KB · Views: 460
Hey All!

Real name - James
Age - 16
How long have you been playing - 3 Years
Origin of user name - Acronym of first band's name and my role in that band
Your top 5 drummers - Peart, Bonham, Manson, Grohl, Hawkins
Make of drum kit - Pearl Export & 1 DW performance snare
Make of cymbal - All Zildjain
Where do you practice - Living Room
Are you in a band - If jamming with a buddy & School of Rock counts the Yes.
Do you play covers or originals - Now mostly covers, I miss having the freedom that originality gives though.
What style of music - Rock mostly, but with in that i tend to like most rock sub-genre's though
How did you start drumming - I asked my dad if I could get a kit and he said yes, but only if completed Enter Sandman on medium in Rock Band. The out come of that is self explanatory.

Last edited:
Greetings drum folk!

Hey, my name is James. This is the start of me actively using this forum. I found the site three years ago when my first drum teacher mentioned it to me and found it to be a good resource in my drum related endeavors. I hope to become a good addition to the community.

Re: Greetings drum folk!

Welcome! There are lots of players here with plenty of experience, opinons and advice, most of it pretty helpful!

Bermuda

Back