Want to change bass drum head

SeveringDozza

Hey guys, at the moment I've got a Remo Powerstroke 3 on my 22" bass head but I find it a bit TOO high and punchy. I want a more deeper sound if you know what I mean. I like the bass drum heads with those sound ring things.

I play Thrash Metal with a lot of fast double kick so I need something durable as well.

What could you guys recommend?

Personally I think the PS3 can't be beat. But if you've got one and it's not doing it for you, then I think an Evans EMAD is probably closer to what you're describing.

I use a coated emad2 on my kit and my old kit had a clear emad2 on it. Emad's give you a boomy thunderous sound which you may like. On you 22" bass drum I think the emads won't let you down. I use the thin muffling ring (it comes with 2, thick and thin) which gives me enough attack but a nice boomy low end. If you want it even more lower then tune low and take off the mufflinf ring!

Also look at Aquarian Super Kick II with a Regulator reso head. I have this combo on order, just trying out new things.

I use a coated emad2 on my kit and my old kit had a clear emad2 on it. Emad's give you a boomy thunderous sound which you may like. On you 22" bass drum I think the emads won't let you down. I use the thin muffling ring (it comes with 2, thick and thin) which gives me enough attack but a nice boomy low end. If you want it even more lower then tune low and take off the mufflinf ring!

Also look at Aquarian Super Kick II with a Regulator reso head. I have this combo on order, just trying out new things.

2nd the SKII. I use it with a DW ported reso (small holes in perimeter). I decided to keep the DW bass drum pillow and it gives it just enough control with a BOOM. Added an Aquarian Kick patch for extended life.

Evans EMAD 2!!!

My 24" Bass drum rocks the house and knocks things off the shelves! And when I kick quick and let up (not letting the beater stay on the head, just hitting it long enough to strike it and let up), it sounds like a techno subwoofer!

Absolutely the best if you are looking for a deep, low bass sound.

The Regulator is a great reso head! I used it on my third album and it sounded fantastic!

super kick and a regular is an awesome combo, no need for anything inside the drum, big fat sound, ive tried many different combos but thats the best ive found.

The Regulator is a great reso head! I used it on my third album and it sounded fantastic!

super kick and a regular is an awesome combo, no need for anything inside the drum, big fat sound, ive tried many different combos but thats the best ive found.

Great to hear guys, this combo was recommended by quite a few friends of mine. Can't wait to get them.

Back