Stands and haulilng

stevo

I know this has been discussed here before.

I am always looking for a "better" way to haul my stands/hardware. Right now I have these two nylon bags that are pretty heavy duty, they look nice, but they are both too heavy. I guess another way to fix this, is to get another bag to lighten the load and spread it out.
So the two bags go in the back of my car, which has a hatch, they fit nicely.
But I am still curious if anyone out there uses other means (can't do the big hard cases), I know there are a lot of clever people out there that might blow me away with how you are doing this.
Please help me discover a better way?

SKB makes this case for golf clubs, but it works really well for drum harware and mic stands and still fits in most hatchbacks..... and it's on wheels!!!

Attachments

• SKB-4812WS.jpg
    SKB-4812WS.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 324
I use the Protection Racket gear bag. It's a soft bag, roughly 20" x 20" x 48" long, wheels on one end. Doubles quite nicely as a big 'ol weekend bag for the wife and I when we go on vacation. Best cases and bags in the business IMHO. Give 'em a look...

Cheers!

I've used a bunch of different options. I used the golf-style bag on wheels, which worked alright, and I've used the black duffle, but it wasn't long enough for a lot of my stands.

Now I use a military duffle, and it works well. It's heavy, and I generally don't ever move ALL of my hardware, but it works for now.

I know a guy who got one of those plastic bins that roll under the bed. It's long enough for hi hat stands, and is relatively sturdy if you're careful with it.

Use what you have, plus:

R8-BY-side3x2.jpg

RockNRoller

I'll second the RockNRoller. Last thing I load into the car....means it's the first thing out. Stack everything onto the cart.....equipment roadtrip. Even if you have to make a few trips and your parked a block away from the venue. Smooth.

I just bundle together all my hardware (except for the throne and bass pedal) with shrink wrap.

the only real case I have is a cymbal bag... I should get some drum bags and a hardware case...

I know this has been discussed here before.

I am always looking for a "better" way to haul my stands/hardware. Right now I have these two nylon bags that are pretty heavy duty, they look nice, but they are both too heavy. I guess another way to fix this, is to get another bag to lighten the load and spread it out.
So the two bags go in the back of my car, which has a hatch, they fit nicely.
But I am still curious if anyone out there uses other means (can't do the big hard cases), I know there are a lot of clever people out there that might blow me away with how you are doing this.
Please help me discover a better way?

<On stage stands> makes a nice bag that i haul 6 microphone boom stands in. It's got a huge strap for over-the-shoulder

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/OnStage-Stands-SSB6500-Stand-Bag?sku=548502

I use a suitcase that I stole from my parents attic.

It has wheels (very squeaky) and compartments to fit stuff in. It will be replaced by a similar sort of hardcase for christmas.

I can't get past the wheels. I can't believe people would gig without wheels, it saves so much in terms of sore backs, time and energy.

I have been using a hard golf club case like the one above for over 15 years. It works great.

I am always looking for a "better" way to haul my stands/hardware. Please help me discover a better way?

This is one of my Sherpas. Highly recommended.

So does anyone want to guess at how much weight your stands are? I have two fairly heavy duty vinyl bags that I use to pack it all in, and I think I should get another to lessen the weight of each bag. But if I pack the bags evenly, I would guess each bag is approximately 40-50 pounds. Although this may not neccessarily be a major amount of weight, if you factor in how "bulky" these are. I thought about building a "crate" made of wood, but to be an effective crate, it would need to be of at least 1/2 inch thick ply wood, and that would add additional weight. I am considering this with wheels, and maybe a "sled" like apparatus for going up and down steps.

I'll second the RockNRoller. Last thing I load into the car....means it's the first thing out. Stack everything onto the cart.....equipment roadtrip. Even if you have to make a few trips and your parked a block away from the venue. Smooth.

Which model do you guys use? And where do you buy them online? Approximate costs?

Back