Good, less than $500 longboard double pedal for my big feet?

Toolate

Platinum Member
Does anyone make one? Longing to do some heel toe practice but my dogs are too big for my iron cobra or dw pedal foot boards.

There are lots for lots of $. I would like to see a review of a more reasonably priced longer Footboard pedal. ( unless someone has a good alternative way for me to ply heel ttoe).

The Speed Cobras have a very long board. The Mapex Falcon and Raptor have slightly longer boards most, and Yamaha now makes one as well.

ebay bro that's your best bet. If you are patient you can probably find a really good deal on Trick or Axis longboards.

It would cost much less for longboards than having your feet trimmed down, lol.

Dennis

I'm gonna have to put a plug in for the TRICK Dominator Double pedal. Incredible smoothness with awesome slave pedal sensitivity. I did a lot of research with the other pedals, many of which are great and listed here. I was looking for a long pedal, but with a very responsive slave.

You actually get 2 pedals, and a remarkable U joint connector that I could not find any play in. Titanium and made in the U.S.A. out of AL13 aerospace alloy.
Awesome adjustablility on the beater angle, distance and pedal angle.

Real cool patented compression spring technology (like the valves in your car) that you can reach down with 1 hand in between songs to adjust. I play some heel-toe, but also the slide - which requires a loose pedal (at least for me.

I still use the single DW9000 and DW5000 pedals - only for double bass practice on 2 pads.

I picked mine up from MF, for $510. They have a special running right now, it lists at $599, less a $100 discount:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pages/attack-cash-back

2 days left for the sale...

Attachments

• DV016_Jpg_Large_482387[1].jpg
    DV016_Jpg_Large_482387[1].jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 3,214
Last edited:
Anyone know the length of the falcon and speed cobra foot boards?

Maybe from the hinge at the bottom to the top?

The DW 8002B pedals are going for under $500 in some ebay auctions. Paid $600 CDN for mine, but they worlk well for my heavy legs and big feet.

I actually found i could get some more control and speed using straight heel up instead of heel toe (which is very difficult due to a condition with my ankles) but the heaviness of the pedal limits me and really lets me control it the way i want to, i find i move my feet up and down the board to control both speed and dynamics.

I currently have the Tama Speed Cobra double pedal which have the longboard. They are awesome pedals and below 500.00. I had the Pearl demon drive with the interchangeable long/shortboard but the pedal didnt feel right for what I was playing. I play death metal but I like to play groove rhythms as well. For me the speed cobra feels better. I like the feel of the Chain drive VS Direct drive. they feel super light under your feet BUT you do feel them which is another thing I didnt like about the demon drives. I say for under 500 (399.00) they compete with any of the more expensive pedals and are one of very few chain drive longboard pedals.

Interstate Music has a 11% off sale through Dec. 1st...they are selling the Axis AL-2 long board double pedal for $529, less 11% = $471....

You can't go wrong with Speedcobras, IMO their smoothness is 2nd to none for a chain driven pedal. They're 12" I guess? Isn't 12" the "standard" longboard length? Hmm.......

Hey there Mitch, I wouldn't suggest buying a vintage pedal, parts are impossible to find and warranties are non-existent. I see that it's been suggested here a few times and I would have to agree, that the speed cobra is a fantastic pedal, you can find it brand new and dirt cheap on eBay sometimes, from authorized sellers.

I know it was already suggested but the Trick Dominator is onsale at Musicians friend for $549. If you can get a 10-15% sale at the right time to go with the sale price that would put you in your price range. I just picked up a pair for $483

I know it was already suggested but the Trick Dominator is onsale at Musicians friend for $549. If you can get a 10-15% sale at the right time to go with the sale price that would put you in your price range. I just picked up a pair for $483

Awe man! You got yours even cheaper than me! Awesome pedals!!!

Back