Boston marathon explosions

It's still a violent act of terrorism in my mind no matter how you put it.

I didn't put anything any different than it is... I simply outlined where the real damage to our society comes from in these events, in my opinion.

I didn't put anything any different than it is... I simply outlined where the real damage to our society comes from in these events, in my opinion.

My post was more of a general statement. Didn't mean to direct it at you. But yes, you are correct.

This is how you control a society.

Invoke fear then offer to assuage it by reduced freedoms sold in an emotionally pumped way.

Have you seen the news casts?...just like the recent shooting sprees...they look like music videos...and feel like the patriotic scenes in the movie Independence Day.

"All we have to fear is fear itself"
FDR

The thing is...the people who are behind this...they must think they are doing the right thing... for them.

The thing is...the people who are behind this...they must think they are doing the right thing... for them.

LOL!..yeah...like Jeffery Dahlmer...

"I was hungry"

A shooting in Watertown, Boston. A cop killed, the suspect is cornered... is there a connection? Its seems so. He looks like one of the 2, of the FBI pics released...

Last edited:
We're just sitting here wondering that. Details obviously sketchy.....especially here in Oz, but it was certainly our first thought.

Thats the insinuation though nobody's saying it outright.. The FBI are all over it, so I assume its not just a random disconnected incident. Interesting that this should come up so soon after the release of the the photographs of the suspects.

Interesting that this should come up so soon after the release of the the photographs of the suspects.

That's pretty much been the point of discussion amongst the crew at work today.

Continuing on with this though.....bombings at sporting events in Boston, fertilizer plants blown off the face of the earth in Texas and now I'm reading about cars disappearing down sink holes in Chicago. You Yanks are having one hell of a shitty week. Keep your chins up guys.

One suspect has been killed by Police after a shootout, the second is apparently on the run after escaping from the shootout. Nineteen years old. Unbelievable.

EDIT: It is confirmed that the dead suspect and the suspect currently at large were brothers.

The kid is 19. This world's getting crazier & crazier. "We're the good guys - thems the baddies..."

I wish life was as simple as an ex prez would have us believe.

The stakeout continues....

That's pretty much been the point of discussion amongst the crew at work today.

Continuing on with this though.....bombings at sporting events in Boston, fertilizer plants blown off the face of the earth in Texas and now I'm reading about cars disappearing down sink holes in Chicago. You Yanks are having one hell of a shitty week. Keep your chins up guys.

I'll say...I'm on the road in Texas and about 200 miles north of my location, the explosion created a small mushroom cloud! http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/im...es/Plant_Explosion-Texas_Texas.JPEG-0c8b8.jpg

Last edited:
LOL!..yeah...like Jeffery Dahlmer...

"I was hungry"

I can't tell you how many horrible things I've been willing to do on account of "I was hungry". That force is no joke.

As of 1:30 PM eastern time.,one suspect is down and another is being sought.They were brothers and both Russian muslims.The downed suspect died of both gunshot wounds and injuries he sustained from explosives he and his brother were using against the police(so much for possible suspect).

One MIT campus cop is dead(looks like he was assinated at this point) and 16 officers were wounded by both gunfire and explosive devices the two humanoids used to try to get away.

The city of Boston and surrounding suburbs are on LOCKDOWN.A major metropolitan city in America is on lockdown.We didn't even do that on 9/11.The FBI thinks these two were possibly members of a sleeper cell,which may or may not contain more members.

That is the reason for the lock down.What a lock down means is EVERYTHING is closed.The ONLY ones on the street are Police/FBI,fire and EMS.All civilians must remain at home.

A little strange that Vladimir Putin,the Russian president volunteered the use of his countrys services in investigating and tracking down these terrorists....on Monday....within an hour of the bombings..

Did I mention that these terrorists were Russian.Draw your own conclusions.

There are all verifiable facts which I verified from several sources before posting and not conjecture on my part.

I hope the other young man surrenders.We need to know why this happened.

Steve B

They were Chechnyan, which would explain why Putin would offer help. And the brother who is still alive is believed to be somewhere between the Watertown Mall and Mt. Auburn Street, which has a very large Armenian population as well as many Eastern European immigrants. I used to work in Watertown, which is still under lockdown, as well as a number of close sub-burbs like Newton & Belmont. I work a few miles north of it near an air force base which is eerily quiet for a Friday.

We can get around, but friends in those towns can't even go get beer!

-John

To Tamadrm-Well, not the whole town, just Watertown proper and very close areas, where some are sequestered in their own homes. No, I've been out and about a couple times, but it looks eerie. No cabs, trains, buses running at all today. Went down and came back up the south shore(93)-never seen traffic leaving the city like that on a Friday morning-that was weird...

Wonder if they'll keep Boston shut down (it has never happened like this before) until the guy is caught?

What if they don't find him for some time?

They were Chechnyan, which would explain why Putin would offer help. And the brother who is still alive is believed to be somewhere between the Watertown Mall and Mt. Auburn Street, which has a very large Armenian population as well as many Eastern European immigrants. I used to work in Watertown, which is still under lockdown, as well as a number of close sub-burbs like Newton & Belmont. I work a few miles north of it near an air force base which is eerily quiet for a Friday.

We can get around, but friends in those towns can't even go get beer!

-John

I just find that it's mighty curious that Putin volunteered the help within an hour or so of the bombing.They are actually Russian citizens and are from a region near Chechnya.Their father lives in Russia and was expecting them home for the holidays.

Anyway...so Putin offers to assist when we don't even have a clue to who did it yet and are interviewing a Saudi Arabian national who was at the scene,tackled by a civilian and turned over to police,within an hour of the bombing.Nobody was thinking Russian Muslim at the time.

After over 20 years in law enforcement,I believe that somethings are coincidential,but this stinks

There guys don't show up on the radar for couple of days,and turn out to be Russian Muslims.

If it walks like a duck,and quacks like a duck,it can't be a turkey.

Steve B

Last edited:
There are a number of odd things. But there was plenty of misinformation that just happens in the age of instant media. The Saudi national who was released and the "rumor" of him being deported. The Russian Muslims who were from an area near Chechnya- They might have been from Russian, but that doesn't mean their allegiance lies there.

I don't know the exact timeline of when Putin offered to help- If you're suggesting that he knew something...He has had to deal with Chechnyan terrorists and Russia wasn't exactly PC or delicate about dealing with those events. Maybe they keep low level tracking of potential suspects who emigrate from Russia. As the former head of the KGB, I'm sure he had some ideas in the aftermath. But I don't think you have to be an international spy to come up with suspects. Saudi, Chechnyan, domestic right wing, domestic left wing- how many more choices do you need to sift through?

-John

Man. This hits really close to home. I went to MIT in the late 70s and early 80s, and lived on Paul Street in Watertown just a couple of blocks from where all that went down. Haven't been back to the neighborhood in a while, but I can imagine that it hasn't changed all that much. It was absolutely surreal seeing it on the television, awash in SWAT team members.

That is some seriously screwed up stuff. I hope they are able to arrest this individual very shortly, without any further bloodshed.

Back