What's your other passion(s)?

Z cars. Though, since I have had to go back to work, I have less time and $$ for it.

MauriceZ.jpg

I have many interests and hobbies.. but passion, what you call passion, only one.

My biggest passion is my football (soccer) team.

2286.gif

Club Nacional de Football. (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Founded on May 14, 1899. Three times World Champion. 123 official local titles won and 21 international cups. The most succesful team in Uruguay, all-time leader of the Copa Libertadores (South America) and undeniably one of the biggest teams in soccer history.

I know soccer isn't too popular in the US, so most of you won't understand what this feels like. It is impossible to describe.

Here are some pics of Nacional's supporters receiving our team when they get in the field before the match. I don't know if there's anything like it in the States.

(Nacional's colours are red, white and blue).

i176216200_1857_7.jpg

scaled.php

clasico_lvdn_006.jpg

humos_1.jpg

mejor56.jpg

nacvsest-010709-019.jpg

mejor52.jpg

And here's a little vid from the tv broadcast. If there's any soccer fans here, I think you'll enjoy it. It really is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYxQpUiKI7s&feature=related

Going to the stadium and being there, with other 30, 50, 60 thousand people singing at the top of your lungs cheering for your team.. there's nothing like it.

Ok, I hope I didn't bore you, but I thought it would be nice to share this with you.

Cheers!

Grillin', BBQ and cooking in general.

Behold! dbl stuffed pork chops, 2" thick Top and Jalapeno poppers the size of small burritos.

Attachments

• grill time.jpg
    grill time.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,362
Motorcycles - Started out riding Sportbikes but ride a Harley Road King now

Play guitar and a little bass

DIY - Home Improvements - Finished the basement in my old house, hanging drywall, painting, etc.

Listening to music :) I'm as much an audiophile as I'm a drummer (perhaps even more), music is my number one hobby. :)

I like arty things, drawings, painting, etc, as long as I'm creating something along these lines I'm a happy bunny :)

I also create CD covers to put on the media player for my compilations :)

Here's a couple of my creations :)

Attachments

• Katy Perry 2.jpg
    Katy Perry 2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 972
  • Pink 4.jpg
    Pink 4.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 898
Slick work, MAD!

Totally agree with this:

I like arty things, drawings, painting, etc, as long as I'm creating something along these lines I'm a happy bunny :)

If a pasttime is interesting and utterly impractical and uneless in everyday life, then chances are I'll be into it.

Chess. I've been playing chess since I was a kid when my dad taught me the game. I play online pretty much every day and I follow the top-level tournaments and matches. I'm strong for a club player, about candidate master strength, I suppose. But I'm not anywhere near world class and never will be.

Hockey. I'm really a huge sports fan in general and I follow all my local teams, but I'm a hockey and Detroit Red Wings fan, first and foremost. I'm a bit of a stats geek, too, so I follow sports from that angle as well as the competitive/human interest side of things.

Cars. I love cars. I'm from the Motor City. I grew up in an environment where family members designed, built, sold and drove cars. I love 'em.

I have too many passions to list. I wish I could retire. There are so many things I'd do with the time.

Writing (I'm currently working on a couple different novels)
Reading (Love novels and comics)
Football (Rather play than watch)
Cars (Fav car 1967 Camaro SS)
Food (All food)
Hmm......... Women?? (Can i count that?)

My family, motorsport (Rallying and F1 and anything else they show on TV) cooking and my family. I also do my own car maintenance and servicing. Sleeping!

BTW Mary, love the bike, you're a real dark horse there.

My family, motorsport (Rallying and F1 and anything else they show on TV) cooking and my family. I also do my own car maintenance and servicing. Sleeping!

BTW Mary, love the bike, you're a real dark horse there.

Thx! I'm also enjoying finding out all kinds of interesting and unexpected things about our fellow forum members!

Behold! dbl stuffed pork chops, 2" thick Top and Jalapeno poppers the size of small burritos.

attachment.php

I have to say that my mouth LITERALLY started watering like crazy when I saw that. Its still going at it, actually. Anytime you feel like cooking an extra chop and some poppers, give me a call. Your grilling is now my new hobby.

Whoa. That looks crazy good.

Okay, I gotta ask: How do you make the jalapeno poppers? Are they wrapped with bacon or something? I'm interested to know because I grow hot peppers (another passion of mine, I guess) in my garden and I've been thinking of making poppers but I assumed they need to be fried and I don't really ever fry anything. Any recipe suggestions would be appreciated, especially if it helps me make them look as good as those do!

Whoa. That looks crazy good.

Okay, I gotta ask: How do you make the jalapeno poppers? Are they wrapped with bacon or something? I'm interested to know because I grow hot peppers (another passion of mine, I guess) in my garden and I've been thinking of making poppers but I assumed they need to be fried and I don't really ever fry anything. Any recipe suggestions would be appreciated, especially if it helps me make them look as good as those do!

ahhh yes... home grown peppers... THE BEST!

Core out the veins (leave some if you like it hotter). Stuff with cream cheese, wrap with strip of bacon. When your heat has simmered down to medium or so, throw'em down and turn regularly as to not burn the bacon. When the bacon is nice and brown all around set them to the side to bake (indirect heat). Usually 20-30min in a webber. The pepper will get soft when done. Let set for a few minutes and enjoy with your favorite beverage. On a side note: don't those grill marks look sexy? haha

edit: hold bacon in place with tooth picks

ahhh yes... home grown peppers... THE BEST!

Core out the veins (leave some if you like it hotter). Stuff with cream cheese, wrap with strip of bacon. When your heat has simmered down to medium or so, throw'em down and turn regularly as to not burn the bacon. When the bacon is nice and brown all around set them to the side to bake (indirect heat). Usually 20-30min in a webber. The pepper will get soft when done. Let set for a few minutes and enjoy with your favorite beverage. On a side note: don't those grill marks look sexy? haha

edit: hold bacon in place with tooth picks

Damn, Nodiggie, I'm on the verge of literally drooling.

Damn, Nodiggie, I'm on the verge of literally drooling.

I've been cooking since the age of 8. One thing I've learned over the years is: the smell of BBQ drives people insane. It's like a primal call of the wild. The smell alone is euphoric. I think I'm going to start every thread from now on with a photo of my cooking; it will get more attention than my drumming that's for sure. haha

I've been cooking since the age of 8. One thing I've learned over the years is: the smell of BBQ drives people insane. It's like a primal call of the wild. The smell alone is euphoric. I think I'm going to start every thread from now on with a photo of my cooking; it will get more attention than my drumming that's for sure. haha

Good lookin' grub there brother!

I'm a Q' addict - I cook outside at least twice a week, even in the wintertime. It's theraputic for me after crazy work days.

Here's a couple shots for the collection:

Attachments

• IMG-20110326-00009.jpg
    IMG-20110326-00009.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 909
  • IMG-20110325-00007.jpg
    IMG-20110325-00007.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 1,004
  • Garden City-20110724-00004.jpg
    Garden City-20110724-00004.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 941
  • Garden City-20110724-00003.jpg