Steve Morrison

Re: Steve Morrison - pro drum tech (Tommy Lee)

nice to have you back steevo
what gear does tommy use on tour right now

Tommy lee used (dw website)

Drums
DW Collector's Series Maple Drums in Ruby Glass FinishPly with Chrome Hardware
6.5x14 Bronze Snare Drum
10x14, 16x16 Tom-Toms
16x18 Floor Tom (x2)
16x40 Bass Drum
10x22 Bass Drum
16x32 Back Table Tom

9002 Double Pedal
9500 Hi-Hat Stand
9300 Snare Drum Stand
9999 Double Tom/Double Cymbal Stand
9700 Cymbal Stand (x5)
Floor Tom Legs
9100M Drum Throne

Sorry if this question has been answered but I couldn't find it.

What electronics (i.e. triggers, pads, mics, brain, compressors etc.) are used in Tommy's outboard rig?
I'm in the process of triggering and or micing my kit. Right know I'm using:

Pintech Trigger Perfect trigger and 1) DDrum acoustic Bass Drum trigger
1)Alesis D4 brain
1)Mackie CFX 16 board
2) Mackie 1400I amps
1) DBX 1215 EQ
1)Lexicon MPX100
1)BBE Sonic Maximizer.
2)12" floor wedges
2)18" sub woofers
2)Peavy SP3's

I can't get that professional sound I'm looking for though. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Damian

Hey Steve,

Can you tell me how to tune my drums like Tommy's, or send me a clip of you playing each tom, snare and bass drum once?

Hey Steve,

Can you tell me how to tune my drums like Tommy's, or send me a clip of you playing each tom, snare and bass drum once?

Steve doesn't tech for Tommy Lee anymore. Tommy Lee's drums are heavily triggered and processed. The sound that you hear isn't his drums.

where does the XLR cable goes from "the PRO acoustic ddrum trigger" to?
is it directly to the ddrum3 module?
or does it goes into a different rack?

I am back on Drummerworld!!! I am now working with Stephen Perkins and Jane's Addiction. Since leaving Tommy in early 2007; I worked with Ginger Fish on Marilyn Manson's "Rape of the World" tour all of 07; and in 2008 I started playing with a band called GRACE & MANNERS. We've released two albums on iTunes this year, so click on our site below to hear full length previews! To stay busy, I take care of Perk when he plays with Jane's and I work as an audio engineer in Hollywood. I've been reading all the posts since we started this thread years ago; you guys rule. I love the drumming community! I would love to get back into the forum full swing; so hit me up y'all!

Best,
El Steevo

What Were The Sizes For T's Pearl Kit From The Girls, Girls, Girls Tour? If You Can Cymbals Too. Thanks,

Colton

hi steve!! I've always wanted to know how often tommy break his cymbals , specially the crashes , how many shows do they last?

thanks!

hey. i was just wondering if you have had any experience with electronic kits/drums in large venues? can they sound as good as they do through a pair of quality headphones? cheers.

I am now working with Stephen Perkins and Jane's Addiction.

Best,
El Steevo

Cool ! Ask Stephen what he used on the Nothings Shocking album when you can. That sound was WAY better than anything since. You'll probably be hanging out with Duff Mckagan quite a bit, now that he is part of their family !!! What a kickass pairing !!!

What's it like living life being certified awesome?

Do you have a naked pool that Charlize Theron comes and hangs out in?

No drum Q's, but if you're in Calgary, I'll buy you a beer to come tune my kit.

not sure if you are still tommy's tech, but I see that he is not listed on the DW roster of endorsers on their website. Has he switched to another company?
Thanks

Back