Dream kit started

Gettin it worked into place. I think I am going to build a custom rack, too hard to get things where I want, and the pearl L-arms look like a dogs breakfast out front. I want to tuck the mounts down low in behind the toms. Everything sounds like it came from the same tree, incredible sounding kit, maybe now a 15 or a 16 just to round out the bottom.

2rn9btd.jpg

2mm8nbs.jpg

2h3d95h.jpg

Looking good there buddy. Yes, loose the octopus arms. You want to see the drums, not the mounts. :)

looking good, looking good!

Those are awesome drums to say the least, can't wait until you finish the kit to match, it's gonna look stellar!

I bought the photos from a bulk on line photo supplier, and had a local sign guy transfer the image and crop it onto the vinyl. Same process as the guys who do the front kick skin graphics. that is where I got the idea to do this. I generally hate wraps, but after applying this I can tell it is less cumbersome and adheres as good as a clear urethane or paint finish.

Wow. That's really REALLY cool. Subscription to thread added, haha.

Guess I never really finished this thread. The kit has been done for a few years now, has seen a limited number of stages, although lately it is mainly my in home practice kit.
I had a twin 14" hanging floor tom set up, but was not happy with the matching tones of the two 14's. So I built a 15X12 Cherry stave shell and transferred the hardware from the 14 onto the 15", it sings and matches the overall tone of the kit very nicely. It is not in the photos here, two 14's are still up in these pictures. Oh, actually it is in the photos, far right white shell with the black stripes. It now has matching blue wrap and transparent blue chrome hardware.

So the final configuration is, 8,10,12,14,15 and 22.

They look very cool, and probably sound even better. Congrats! Peace and goodwill.

Back