60's Supreme MIJ

Kothlow

Just picked these up for $160 can. The drum's themselves are in excellent shape, bearing edges and all. I was thinking champaign sparkle wrap with a fiberskyn reso. Anyone have any idea's?

Attachments

• supreme1.JPG
    supreme1.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 318
  • supreme2.JPG
    supreme2.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 318
  • supreme3.JPG
    supreme3.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 310
Kothlow---I'm kinda digging the oak wood look to the kit myself, but yeah, the sparkle would def "customize" the look a bit. IMHO, I'd start by placing new heads on there and possibly bigger/better spurs and tune it up to make sure it will deliver the sound you want before dropping $300 or so on wraps. Great looking second kit to schlep around to practice on though. Great find...

I think your plan sounds good. Is that a wrap on there now? If it is wood I would clean it as much as possible first, and I agree with the new head sound test before spending cash on the new wrap. And it looks like a Champaign sparkle in the background? Two sets with the same finish??

I was actually thinking of sanding them down and staining them/clearing them. I know they sound good, even with the beat up remo head's they sound awesome.. The bass drum however I'm not sure, the head's are too bad to really tell. Of course I plan on putting new evan's g2 coated heads anyhow, I should have mentioned that.

Oh, and the kit in the background is a tama 18/10/13, and it's wrapped in brown mist metallic, I guess it's just the way the light is hitting it in the photo.

Awesome price for a nice little beater kit. Personally I would also invest in a new set of heads first (unless the heads on there will do for now. please don't tell me that's a kick drum-falam slam patch stuck to the floor tom batter head??). I initially liked the natural wood color but looks like the bass drum is slightly off-color, so a wrap sounds good. I dig the champaign sparkle with a fiberskyn reso, that's pure class.

EDIT: just saw your last post, sorry. I actually think a clear coat would be gorgeous, just seems that the bass drum is a little off color, unless that's just a camera trick.

Back