IQ test. You will like it but it is tough.

What sort of money are we talking about to buy 2 more IQ points than Stephen Hawking? I'm sure I could get a paypal off to you by this afternoon if your rates are reasonable enough.

Big bikkies for that, Foggy. He's supposed to be around 160 and your effort was pretty tragic :)

Dunno how genteel the scene is these days - don't see too many gigs. I get bored because so many bands sound same-y - not much dynamics, similar timbres, chord progressions, tempos - through the set.

My sympathies, Spes.

Just as I was about to review my answers a fly flew down my throat and in the ensuing coughing fit I accidentally clicked the finish button.

I woulda gotten heaps more otherwise!

Oh, I know how you feel mate.
Did I mention there was a fire drill at work that took 35 minutes while I was doing the test?
Well, not really. I'm just making up stupid excuses to try and cover up how desperately dim I am.

Just for beans I am going to select the middle choice for all and see what that gives me. Stay tuned.

I picked all "D" s and scored 79.

I picked all "C" s and scored 79.

I picked "C" and "D" alternately and scored 79

I picked a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h in order and scored 81

That sounds like something that someone with a sub-average IQ would do.

I took it on an Apple computer and scored 20 points higher than when I took it on Windows!

I got a 126 but guessed on probably 5 of them.

108 on 36 questions. I'll take it.

Larry, do you have a good sense of direction? Seems that your visuo-spacial ability is way up there. And, of course, maths.

Not really, Polly. I get lost all the time. I believe it's a Y-chromosome thing.

I don't know where the visuo-spacial ability would come into play. I guess I'm an above-average chess player, for a club player, anyway. Maybe there. But even so, I'm not at any really high level.

I always scored high on the math section of those aptitude tests but my math grades in school said otherwise.

I remember many years ago, reading a discussion about IQ and what it meant, in some magazine, might have been GQ. The article cited two people: Richard Feynman and Marilyn vos Savant (Mach), and compared them and what their IQ scores mean. Marilyn Vos Savant's IQ is the highest ever measured, listed as something like 228 (although there was some dispute about that) whereas Feynman's was around 135. The point was that while vos Savant's career was basically answering questions in a column in Parade magazine, Feynman was one of the most important physicists of all-time. In other words, IQ is what it is, and nothing more.

Back