Best snare stand for mounting a rack tom?

Drummingmonkey

Hi Guys,

In your opinion, what would be the best snare stand for mounting a rack tom? Ideally looking for one that has the basket sortof offset from the main shaft / legs so the tom can be positioned more 'on top' of the kick drum, as opposed to its left hand side.

I can definitely recommend the Gibraltar 9906. It's as stable as any other stand I've tried, and has a ball joint so that you can position the basket at any angle you could possibly dream of.

I can definitely recommend the Gibraltar 9906. It's as stable as any other stand I've tried, and has a ball joint so that you can position the basket at any angle you could possibly dream of.

I second that. I have been using one of these for my 12 by 12 rack tom for more than a year. It is slightly offset and can extend fairly low or high.

I would not suggest a large offset for a snare stand being used for a tom. Snare stands have fairly small bases and I'd think they'd be pretty unstable if used as tom stands with long offsets.

I have a couple Pearl S-2000 snare stands for mounting a tom.

One really great thing about this stand is the suspension grips.

They don't choke the drum at all--even held tightly.
You can also adjust the basket for whatever tom size you choose. I use 12, 13 or 14" rack toms, so this is a nice feature for me.

The top of the rubber grips also come in a bit, so if you like a looser tension holding the drum, it won't slip out of the stand.

You also don't need much pressure on the wing nuts to totally secure your positions.
Ultra solid, ultra sturdy, unlimited positioning.

5 stars, two thumbs up etc, etc...

Back