Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

Tomato sauce means sauce. There should not be chunks of tomato in it because it isn't called salsa. Hence the word "sauce". You don't see hot sauce (well at least the kinds I buy) with chunks of cayenne pepper in it, do you?

Yes, I eat cake and sweets sometimes.
I also eat salted potato chips sometimes. Every now and then I have a Hamburger with Fries!
The thing is that I eat sugar and salt in moderation.
When everything that you eat and drink is loaded with added salt and sugar then it becomes a problem. Same goes for fat.
Americans are the fattest people on earth!
We also lead the world in diseases that are associated with over consumption of Salt, Sugar, and Fat!

I buy bread that has low salt and sugar in the dough.
Many breads are loaded with salt and sugar.

Yeah, moderation is key. So many people would be slimmer today if they decided not to have that 12th Oreo for breakfast.

I wonder if us Americans will ever STOP being the fattest nation on Earth?

Hey, as long as the sauce tastes good, chunky ... smooth ... it's all good.

Yes, I eat cake and sweets sometimes.
I also eat salted potato chips sometimes. Every now and then I have a Hamburger with Fries!
The thing is that I eat sugar and salt in moderation.
When everything that you eat and drink is loaded with added salt and sugar then it becomes a problem. Same goes for fat.
Americans are the fattest people on earth!
We also lead the world in diseases that are associated with over consumption of Salt, Sugar, and Fat!

I buy bread that has low salt and sugar in the dough.
Many breads are loaded with salt and sugar.
Luckily, most breads around here are still very, very low on sugar and salt. I was amazed how sweet typical bread was in some other countries.

When it comes to salt, I can do with or without, but the amount of sugar in various foods is getting just too much. It's almost impossible to find any fruit products that aren't 10% or more sugar for example. I'd like to taste the fruit that's supposedly inside, thank you very much. I've also stopped consuming most soft drinks because they are simply too sweet.

It doesn't matter too me when you were feed with a slingshot as a child you like most any kind of food LMAO.

Bonzolead

Ok, just found this thread (clearly too much time on my hands). You smoothie guys are just pussies! You're obviously from the "everything must be disguised" brigade. I suppose you had the bits strained from fruit juice when you were kids. Everything's so processed now. Get off your lazy behinds and make your own stuff! By that, I mean grow the damn tomatoes as well. If you grow your own stuff, you won't want to see it mushed up until you can't work out what it is. Tomato puree, WTF is that all about? Most pre made sauces consist mainly of bloody puree, salt, sugar, & a bunch of chemicals.

As for Italian tomato sauces, I eat out in Milan about 4 times a year, & regularly stay with Italian friends & families, there's chunks everywhere! The Italians celebrate the tomato.

I suppose you had the bits strained from fruit juice when you were kids.... Get off your lazy behinds and make your own stuff! By that, I mean grow the damn tomatoes as well.

Hey, I wouldn't drink orange juice unless it had extra pulp. On the same note I won't eat Spaghetti sauce with big chunks. We grow every part of our spaghetti sauce here but it's still blended and pureed to get rid of chunks. I can't stand the chunks but, there's not anything wrong with people who do.

Ok, just found this thread (clearly too much time on my hands). You smoothie guys are just pussies! You're obviously from the "everything must be disguised" brigade. I suppose you had the bits strained from fruit juice when you were kids. Everything's so processed now. Get off your lazy behinds and make your own stuff! By that, I mean grow the damn tomatoes as well. If you grow your own stuff, you won't want to see it mushed up until you can't work out what it is. Tomato puree, WTF is that all about? Most pre made sauces consist mainly of bloody puree, salt, sugar, & a bunch of chemicals.

As for Italian tomato sauces, I eat out in Milan about 4 times a year, & regularly stay with Italian friends & families, there's chunks everywhere! The Italians celebrate the tomato.

+1!..................

Yea, thats it, Im a wimp!

You see, Its all about the texture of the sauce.
The tomatoes are the base of the sauce.
The tomato base should be smooth so that the other chunkier ingredients such as onions, green peppers, and meat can stand out and really shine.

Its kind of like music.
The tomatoes are the melody! They just flow along.
The chunkier things make it interesting!
The melody can't be chunky!

Im not talking about tiny little chunks.
Im talking about pieces of tomato that are as big as a steamed clam!
I just hate pieces of tomato that are that big in my sauce!

Oh, I also can't stand Sun Dried Tomatoes either!
What's up with them? I see them everywhere now-a-days!
They are chewy gritty pieces of crap to me!

"Salsa" is Spanish for "Sauce". Chunky or smooth, Its all Sauce and I like it all.

I just got owned, didn't I? I'm going to go in the corner and cry now. That's what I get for being a loser in my school and taking French. There isn't even a French department anymore!

Ya know what would really be cool!
If they combined the running with the bulls with the tomato throwing!

Last edited:
Back