connecting an ipod to a Legacy dd501

DrumLover

Hi, i have just bought a legacy dd501 electronic drum kit and it is on the way :D!! I want to know if I am able to connect my ipod into it and listen to everything through headphones? Thanks very much

the iPod has a mini jack headphone out and the drum set lists a line in so Im sure there must be a way.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-01-01 at 10.44.43 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-01-01 at 10.44.43 AM.png
    23 KB · Views: 755
don't know about this one specifically, but my simmons sd set, you have to put a quarter inch adapter on the cord going into the modual, it's great. seperate volume controls, you can get the level just right.

As long as it has a line in and a line out, you're set - although a headphone jack is preferable.
You'll need a 1/4" to 1/8", to run from the brain to the iPod (Respectively). Then you just run the headphones from the headphone jack. If for some reason there is no headphone jack, you can also just run the headphones from the line out jack.

Good luck!

thanks guys, i have 1 more question. Can i run the drum kit through a 30w guitar amp? I will only be using it at very low levels in my house as it is only a practice kit. I have a good acoustic kit (Tama Superstar) that I use for giging and all that stuff. If i can't run it through the guitar amp, what is the cheapest amp that i can use? thanks

A "drum monitor" usually has more than one driver plus a couple of mids to reproduce multiple sounds at one time.....but, yes it will work.
Just like the stereo in your car can be vastly improved with better speakers.....the monitor will replace the effect good heads and good cymbals have on the sound of an acoustic.

also what turned out to be a great addition to my set, I bought a jvc wireless headphone setup at frys, was on sale for $ 30. usually they cost about 80. I was always leaning into the headphone cable before, and sometimes would accidentally " jerk" the cord, almost broke it once, now, if I have to jump up for some reason, no big deal, and they sound really good for that price.

Back