evans e rings

I think that if you want to use it for a snare drum go ahead, I really like how it gets rid of over tones. I don't think toms need them though.

There only like $9.00 a set buy em, try em. I use them, they make up for my poor tuning ability, and for that they work great (LOL).

i put them on a 12" tom and 16" floor tom, to add some warmth and thump to the thin clear stock heads, they worked, almost to well, very muffled sound! i have G2 coated heads on the toms right now and tuned nicely require no rings, moongel or duct tape...

my advice - save the 10 bucks and get new 2ply heads, they just sound better and will actually project...

Any of the rings are great for snares.

ya, i got a 1/2" factory ring with my snare, when on it just nicely mutes that ring, or take it off and let 'er sing, the 1/2" works well, but those big wide evans rings - just too much...

I've used them for years on my Vistalites ; takes out the ring leaving the tone intact ; great! Don't care for them on my Ludwig chrome snare. I like the way the snare sounds without ring.

I've never used these but if you find they are too muffling, just cut away at the inside of the ring. In other words make a thinner ring out of it but from the inside.
Pair of scissors will do the trick ,you can eyeball it.

ya, i got a 1/2" factory ring with my snare, when on it just nicely mutes that ring, or take it off and let 'er sing, the 1/2" works well, but those big wide evans rings - just too much...

sorry guys - i'm gonna change my tune a little, feeling a little sheepish :)

so i set my drums up in this order, left to right;

10" tom, off the bottom half of a boom stand, no reso, tightly tuned
14"hats, set only 3" above the snare and tom
14" snare
22" bass, with the 18" crash/ride through the tom mount
16" floor tom, tune low with an Evans E-ring, had this low, mellow, fat sound...

long story short, the cracking 10", snare and fat 16" made for some great contrasts in a little drum and bass set up, a lotta fun...

and i promise never to contradict myself again ;-)

Back